• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IM NEW HERE

heva

hi everyone iv just joined.i had a quick look around and it seems that ppl are extremely helpful and supportive which is just what i need. iv been accepted for banding at the heartlands hospital with mr super ( he really is). i had my appointment with him on monday so its just a case of waiting now to see if i get funding i have been told over the phone by the pct that funding isnt available in my area :( this has put me on a downer. im not sure where to go from here or what to do xxx

Hi Heva,

dont know nothing about funding, but would like to welcome to the site. :)

Pop on your profile where you are form then anybody from your area can give you more info.

Welcome to the site and hope you get your funding.
You could check on the BOSPA website for funding criteria.

Best wishes Angela

Hiya x Hope you get the funding you need and all the best with your weight loss journey

thankyou everyone im with shropshire pct i had 2 appointments last year 1 at shrewsbury with mr siggurdson which got cancelled when i arrived at the hospital :( and then at manor hospital with mr khan which was cancelled a week before. my doctor then refered me to heartlands to see mr super and he agreed to do the band x im so confused i dont think i can take another set back!! x

I've just looked on the BOSPA website, Shropshire PCT appear to follow NICE guidelines, which is a BMI of >35 with co-morbidities or a BMI of >40 on its own, although there often appears to be other little things people have to do depending on which PCT they come under. Sounds like to me some sort of mis-communication, it may take some time before you get another appointment through to see Dr Super, so I would suggest go back to your GP, explain the cancellations & ask them to chase up/confirm your funding application. Don't be too dis-heartened, what you've been told can change from one week to the next, depending on who you speak to!

my bmi is over 40 i only saw mr super on monday of this week i was told that he would refer me for funding but i have been told that shropshire pct arent funding the operation in any circumstance

Well it sounds like you meet the criteria, but there maybe someone else in your area along later who has more up to date information.
Who told you that Shropshire isn't funding?
If you only saw Mr Super on Monday, I can't see how anyone else would be in a better informed position than him...if Shropshire weren't funding under any circumstance, then why would he tell you that he was going to apply for you? Could you try to phone his secretary for clarification?

i would say appeal the decision if you havent got funding i have heard of people doing this although i will say not in your area . Go back to your doc and getthem to appeal x

Good luck with your journey x

Hi Heva, just wanted to welcome you, and wish you well on your weight loss journey. You sound like you've already been messed about enough. I get on the blower and speak to someone, good luck xxx

thankyou its just a waiting game now which is starting to really depress me i just wish that someone could give me an answer either way :( feelin quite miserable today x

Hi Heva, does not seem to matter what part of the country you are from, all these h/a seem to have similar problems! Best of luck anyway, cheer up, we're all in this together - Take care, Paul x

Back