• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im not losing weight ?

quauckers

Hi I'm really fed up I lost 1 1/2 stones in the first 2 1/2 weeks now I'm at 41/2 weeks and I've not lost any more I'm walking a lot .i just don't understand I feel I'm not going to lose the weight . ???

It's probably your body adjusting to the massive changes it's been thru, did you take measurements before you started if so it maybe worth checking again, if not do it now so when further stalls happen you may well see inches coming off even if lbs are not xx

Without this meaning to sound rude - so apologies if it comes over like that xx - that has got to be one of the most frequently asked questions/observations on here.

Many, many, many of us hit a lull a couple of weeks out - and for many of us our weight loss is a constant round of losses and stalls.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please don't worry, this is very common and the weight WILL come off. I never practiced what I preach but try and only weight yourself every 2-3 weeks (if not monthly) and you will be nicely surprised xxx

I didn't lose for six weeks early stages after my bypass and although I got lots of advice it did not stop the frustration I still often lose half a pound a week although the averaged out loss is two and a half a week, which is ideal. While some people lose over a stone a month ! some of us are destined to go the scenic route. my thoughts are with you x

Everyone stalls honey, your body will catch up. Have you thought about trying to log everything you eat and drink? Could you be consuming more than you think? Try my my fitness pal its an app. I logged everything including tea coffee etc. Its amazing, one day I felt I had eaten nothing and had consumed about 1300 cals. Its worth thinking about. Remember its early days and it could just be a stall I didnt lose a pound for 4 weeks then lost 8. Dont panic stay focused x

Thank you that has made me feel a bit better I had a sleeve . I just keep feeling it's not going to work . I read about people get Plato but I didn't think it would be early stages . So you've given me some encouragment . Thank you .x

OMG 4th time of posting grrrr dodgy internet connection LOL
Isn't there a saying life is a journey not a destination, stop and take time to smell the roses :) Don't stress it hunni, i know easier said than done, but trust this weight will come off no matter how slowly it feels, it will come off at the perfect rate for you :) This wls 'journey' is more of a stroll rater than a short haul flight, remember to try and enjoy the ride along the way x x x x

everyone loses at different rates and while you may have stalled on the weight you could still be losing the inches a heard from a friend it can chop and change like that shes now 2 yrs post op and maintaining

Please remember that your body believes you are going to starve him so he tries to protect himself by trying to hold everything he can!
Don't worry...you will not starve and your body will lose it's battle!!
Check protein and fluids intake, if you can. They are both very very important to weight loss.

Back