• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why am i not losing weight :(

danic-johnson

I had my op 1 week ago tomorrow and I haven't lost any weight :( is this normal, I'm not actually even eating much cause my sleeve is very right I'm sipping water and milk maybe a tiny but d soup that's it. I'm worried I'm not going to lose weight :(

I am a bypass - not a sleeve...but it does seem very common for some of us post op not to loose much, in fact some people even put on in the first few weeks, due to the fluid retention post op. I would not worry about it at this stage. Good Luck xxx

Don't worry, I've only lost 1lb and when I weighed my self 2 days after op, had put on 3lbs.

I'm just letting my body settle and to get out of this liquid stage before I start to worry about it. Hope it helps...

It's really normal.
The body goes into starvation mode, but when it realises food is gonna keep coming, it'll kickstart itself again and you'll soon see the weight slide off.
Try to keep the fluids up and make sure your mush is really mushy...

Don't worry. You have the swelling weight to get rid of first..and the stuff they pump into you. I was warned I might gain, let alone not lose, after my sleeve op. I guarantee it will start coming off soon. Just keep the fluids up. If you are dehydrated your body won't release anything.

It will happen it takes weeks to heal inside and swelling to go down,then it starts to drop cos trust me you wont eat properly for weeks yet.Tip lash the scales and go by your clothes you will be amazed how fast you go down the sizes.Maz x

Drink plenty of fluid to flush out the medications and the weight will drop off sure enough :D I just had an an op and am putting on a pound a day at the moment due to fluid retention...arghhhh...hide your scales x

Hi there I'm in the same situation so was happy to see its fairly common from reading all your experiences. I lost 8 pounds the week after my op but now, 11 days out I've put 2 pounds on! Guess I'll have to keep drinking as much water as I can, hope it settles down and keep telling myself it's not unusual! Thanks for sharing x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back