• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im still here!!

buglady

hi every one just saying hi and an update on my progress and a few questions?

since i have started on my journey 7 days befere my op on the 10th of june ive lost to date 2 stone and 4lbs to which im really pleased with but i know i could do better. when i see what people have lost who have had their op about the same time as me and even after it seems what i have lost is not as much, i do know however if i carry on at this rate in a year i may loose 7 stone but this seems a mile off!! Im going to ring up on mon for another fill as i do feel my restriction is not very good at the mo last sat i struggled with food and keeping it down and yesterday i had a paninni for lunch and i havnt been able to have bread for ages!! I have a 14 ml band and i think i have 8 and a half mls in it my first fill was a miss the second under xray had 7 mls in the third had a ml in and 2 weeks ago i had half a ml in. I was just wondering if anyone has been like me in getting stuck at loosing at such an early stage is it just due to the fact im in need of a fill? Also i dont know if it is related to not being able to eat much last weekend i have a contraceptive implant thus not having a period ever but last weekend i had a full blown period for three days i havnt had one for years?? just wondering (i appriecate periods stopping with dramatic weight loss) but my weight loss hasnt been a dramatic amount and periods usually stop not start? my food intake is ok i usually have a box of variety cereal with skimmed milk at break time i struggle to eat first thing lunch is half a pot of posh fresh soup an orange maybe a bag of crisps tea is a jack pot cheese salad a pork chop and if i have a snack its usually A biscuit or a couple of tuc biscuits and im making sure i drink plenty of fluids usually a pt of skimmed milk a day and at least a ltr of water a day i have to say i am hungry though!! i know i could cut out the crisps they are only 98 cals a bag so is it that ad to have a bag of crisps every couple of days? what am i doing wrong or is it not having the right restriction i was wondering on the long time banders how long did it take you to really start loosing with the right restriction ( i know on average its good to loose 1lb to 3lbs a week) heres wondering!! alison xx

I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, i think its just a case of getting the sweet spot with the band. I had mine fitted last november and had a steady weightloss up until my last band fill in july, since then i have lost nothing and may have even put on a couple of pounds. I am having another band fill tomorrow and hopefully this will put me back on track, but i have to say that i am finding it really difficult and even though i dont have too much more to lose, i am having a real stuggle with it all, but you are doing fine, you are losing, just be patient and keep up the good work. julie x

Did you read my thread on being too tight. I suffered for 8 weeks with my band being tight and in that time I did'nt lose any weight. Seriously think about it before having more in. Do you think more solid foods than a jacket pot would help fill you up quicker? I'm not of much help but I would try a different "menu" before opting for another fill. If this does'nt work then you know you're ready for that bit extraxxx

Back