• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm terrified (Apologies for Rambling)

I'm actually feeling quite depressed at the minute. I'm struggling with the pre op diet so badly at the moment, I can't seem to stick to it. I'm still trying to follow a low carb, low fat diet but I'm just so hungry all the time. This is the reason why I need this op, I'm just permanently hungry. So I eat more than I should (even though it's usually low fat, sugar stuff) and feel really guilty that I'm wasting this opportunity to finally get healthy. It's been especially hard as there is lots of yummy stuff to eat at mum's and at work as it's Christmas. The temptation is just so much worse. I feel like such a failure.

Jaxx, can I suggest that you try to drink when you feel hungry? It does help. Also, think of the prize you get at the end of the pre-op diet. You really don't want to run the risk of not getting the bypass because your liver was too big.
When you've had the op you won't have the hunger, so it is really only for a short time.
Good luck and try your best,
John xx

You will get there sweetheart - i feel the low fat carb diet is so much better as a pre-op diet (rather than the milk diet). You will get used to the diet and it is only for a short time and then after your op when your on the losers bench you will be building yourself to a new you in a new year - stay focused sending hugs with fairy dust to help you xx

You can do it. Only a few more days and you will be getting your op and you want a nice small liver for that. It will be so worth it. Please do this for me when I am on the pre-op and struggling lol. Have a fantastic new year it will be the best ever I am sure.

Hi Jazz im a week post op now and can honestly say that once i got my date through i was fine still then before you know it i was packing and getting ready to go into hospital. Then i started to panic it became suddenly so real i was excited and nervous at the same time, but i had to think and remember why i was doing this and the fact that i couldnt live like this anymore as my joints back and everything else was hurting like hell. But i knew i had to think of what life would be like when i had lost some weight and how much easier things would be and i would have a life and not an existance. Nerves are only natural but you have to bare in mind the end goal of what you want to achieve in all of this.

Sharon xx

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm trying again today. I've been drinking green tea with mint all day (needing the loo badly now lol) using sweeteners instead of sugar and I've brought some 10 calorie soups in to have if I need it. My job is so boring so I snack at work, but I've had some grapes today to help keep me going. This is the whole reason I need this operation, I just can't stop nibbling, well guzzling anyway. lol It's hard to believe I've got less than 2 weeks till my operation. I hope I can do enough with this diet to help undo some of the damage I did on Christmas day and yesterday. What's not helped is my colleague bringing in KFC for his lunch today. Git.

I can't blow this opportunity to get fit, healthy and better. I can't allow my own greed to blow the opportunity to be who I should be instead of this woman wrapped in fat, in pain in my back, hips, legs and ankles. I've made a list of things I'm looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to fitting in my bath properly.
I'm looking forward to having more energy.
I'm looking forward to being more mobile without pain.
I'm looking forward to looking at a plate of food and saying 'that's too much' instead of 'that's not enough'.
I'm looking forward to fitting into clothes that I can buy from most high street stores and not only from Evans and off Ebay.
I'm looking forward to being able to exercise.
I'm looking forward to my parents not nagging me about my weight or keeping an eye on what I'm eating.
I'm looking forward to giving all my fat clothes to my sister.
I'm looking forward to being thinner than my sister for the first time in 20 years.
I'm looking forward to being able to wipe my bum with no difficulty (sorry if that's too much info lol).
I'm looking forward to being able to walk without waddling.
I'm looking forward to walking up the three flights of stairs at work without being so out of breath I feel like I'm going to faint.
I'm looking forward to not being stared at when I walk down the street.
I'm looking forward to sitting on garden furniture without fearing it's going break under me.
I'm looking forward to watching the weight melt away and my clothes getting looser.

I've probably got more but they're the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Back