• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Funny the calorie counting advice from the experts ... Because from reading here on the forum, a lot of banders are more in control from sooner on, if they are counting what they consume, rather than getting demotivated waiting for the band to kick in. I do agree with you Sarah, I count but don't control ... It certainly helps keep focus ... Well done you :) x

Thankyou!

I just figured the earlier I set up good habits the better. An empty band won't do anything, so if I continue eating as I used to I'll just be making life harder for myself further down the line. I get that this is a lifetime thing rather than a diet, so if I'm hungry I'll eat, if I'm desperate for cake I'll have it, but until good habits are ingrained... Well, I'll still monitor what I'm doing! x

Sarah Rob, I've just read this whole diary from page one - and you should be bloody proud of yourself.
What you've been through, what you've achieved and where you're headed is amazing.
And as a part time comedy writer, we need to chat about honing your writing skills!!!
You're funny!
2 weeks til my band. If I have success anything like you, I'll be happy. Keep it up.
X

Let's hope so.
I'm getting sick of wishing my life away, but I want to be waking up in the hospital a new man.
And by the way, your diary has inspired me to do my own.
You HAVE to read it now. It's the law. X

It's probably for the best; I'd be tempted to rip his trousers off and tell him he has the right to remain horny, completely ignoring his protests that he's not a stripper. The restraining order hasn't expired from last time that happened...

It's been such an odd week this week. After my fill I had a day on liquids (put on a pound - how?), then a day on mush (again, managed to gain a pound), back to solids yesterday.
This morning I got weighed to find I had lost the 2lbs I gained and another half pound. Puts me 8oz lighter than I was last Sunday. I can't stress over it, but it does make me giggle that I can gain weight on liquids. No easy feat!

Those liquids are more dangerous than the carbs LOL ... Eat more of the right foods and the pounds should drop off :)

Had my first swim since my op tonight - it was sheer bliss:)
Sadly I had a supplier visit today and they'd laid on a lunch. My choice was chicken sub, ham sub or a giant cream cake! I took a chicken sub and nibbled at it, ate the salad on it while we were talking, had a few mouthfulls of bread before giving up on it. It must have looked very odd, but better that than me sliming on stuck bread lol!

I'm leaving this job at year end, and when I get a new job I'm thinking of saying I have a gluten intolerance. At least then it won't look so odd if I'm just eating the filling on a sandwich:)

Congrats on getting on solids hun.. I think it will be a long time before I can look at soup again lol. It's weird though as I'm eating less calorie wise now that I'm on solids because I am more restricted now. Liquids tended just to flow right through my bypass pouch so I was able to put more in and only occasionally got a full feeling. Different days now :)

I know that solid food helps me feel full for hours, whereas soup is something I don't find as filling. I think it's just one of my little oddities - as long as I'm losing overall I can't get too stressed over an odd pound on a specific day. It just makes me giggle to gain on liquids!

Had a brilliant message on facebook today, from a friend I've not seen in ages, where he mentioned the latest picture my stepmum posted of me. "How much weight have you lost?". I am ridiculously thrilled as he is the first person to comment without knowing about the band or that I'm dieting. Yippee!!! At last someone has noticed!!! I feel 10 feet tall, which makes a nice change as normally my stepmum's photos make me feel 10 feet wide:D

Jumped on the scales for my weekly weigh in this morning (not literally, I'm in a second-floor flat and I doubt the floor could take that sort of shenanigans) to find I've lost 4 lbs this week, in spite of a meal out on Friday. Hurrah!!
I've now lost over 3.5 stone since starting pre-op, and I'm under 21 stone for the first time in about 15 years:D

The rest of my life may be collapsing around me, but I'm grinning like a big mad loon:D
Only one stone to go until I meet my Christmas target of being under 20 stone. Yippee!!!!

Here is the infamous Jabba the Hutt photo my stepmum took back in June, and a selfie from just before I started the pre-op.

Attachments

• mms_20130730-1.jpg
    mms_20130730-1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0056-1.jpg
    DSC_0056-1.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 73
Fantastic :D

Back