• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Iron Tablets

Karen19745

I bought some iron tablets from the chemist, I told the pharmacist that I had a bypass and that I needed to take them for life. She asked what dosage but I wasn't sure, she gave me ferrous sulphate 200mg but when I got home there was a copy of a letter to my doctor from SRH saying that I need ferrous fumarate 100mg.
Do you think it would be ok to take the ferrous sulphate until I get the prescription off my doctor?

Hi Nadine, Are yours ferrous sulphate or ferrous fumurate?

There is a difference between the two google it!

I can't take it, it makes me poorly. I have to have a test next time i'm a the docs to see if I need an infusion. I have to admit that I am feeling a little tired and have started to get black rings under my eyes a little bit but I feel ok generally.
If you can, then you really should take your iron.
Lynne x

I have been taking the Ferrius Sulphate and I have been fine but I've got the prescription off the doctor now for the Ferrous Fumurate my Dad has kindly said he will pick it up from the Doctors for me, Thanks for all your help, Karen x

Back