• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this a Hernia?

BugsBunny

I was sitting down this afternoon and I bent over to pick something up and all of a sudden something popped in my upper abdomen wall and protruding out and was extremely painful to say the least. I pushed what ever it was back in and the pain instantly eased off . It still feels tender but nowhere near how painful it was. I never experienced pain so vast and so quickly before. Does this sound like a hernia I may have push back in. Rob

its possible rob, go see gp hun x

It definitely sounds like one but get it checked out with your gp anyway. They are painful, my son has just had an operation to repair one as he could'nt move without it popping out. He's a lot better now he's had it "repaired".xxx

i've got a real big hernia at the mo, had open surgery, so it's more common than laproscopic surgery, altho even with the small incisions it can happen, as already said, seek advice from your GP asap, small hernias can cause big problems, especially if they're strangulated, mine aches, but no major pain, will get it fixed soon enough tho, best of luck ;)

i would get advice as well better to be sure

Back