• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this dumping?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I just made a drink with semi skimmed milk, a banana and two teaspoons of Options banoffee chocolate flavour.

Now I feel rather light headed and my vision is a bit blurred. I've had the same reaction a couple of times before when I drank a frappuccino. It goes away after about ten mins. Is it a sugar rush?

If so, it was still worth it for the drink as I just couldn't tolerate any more solid food today and needed to get some more protein in.

omg raw egg! No chance. Can't even cope with scrambled egg right now.

The only other dumping type symptom I've had is diarrhoeah, after being given a full fat latte when I asked for a skinny one.

I would have a milky coffee or plain milk.Dont forget milk has sugars in so you might be extra sensitive.Unfortunately I can eat quite sweet stuff and get no reaction but I do have good restriction so can only have small amounts say two Richtea and a small milky coffee fill me to the brim.Which is better than preop when a huge cappachino with sugar and half a pack of digestive or custard creams would of been consumed in no time!

I just made a drink with semi skimmed milk, a banana and two teaspoons of Options banoffee chocolate flavour.

Now I feel rather light headed and my vision is a bit blurred. I've had the same reaction a couple of times before when I drank a frappuccino. It goes away after about ten mins. Is it a sugar rush?

If so, it was still worth it for the drink as I just couldn't tolerate any more solid food today and needed to get some more protein in.

I'm really sensitive to the natural sugars in milk since the op, I've been using lactofree. It's reasonably priced and is the closest in taste to normal milk that I have ever tried.

Everyone experiences dumping symptoms differently. Myself, I get heart palpitations, weakness in my muscles, severe tiredness, stomach cramps and a horrendous case of diarrhoea.

The banana plus the options and the milk all have sugars in one form or another and the accumulative amount might have been slightly higher than you could tolerate. It does sound like a mild dump though.

Yeah that's what I figured Jaxx. Shame because it did taste scrummy and I'm really struggling with loss of appetite at present. Might switch to skimmed or soya milk.

when i dump I get funny breathing, feel sick, hot and sweaty then freezing cold, then need to sleep and this happens 10-15 mins after eating

Back