• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My stomach is defintely the boss

I had a difficult day today with food. I didnt eat much yesterday so I thought I could eat a bit more today (that is usually how it works with me).

I ordered chicken for lunch and the portion was massive. I ate about 1/5 of it but nothing else on my plate and after a few mins I felt the foam in my mouth and had to rush to the loo to throw up. I didnt manage it and decided that I havent thrown up in months so I didnt need to. I was just back at the table when I had to go again and throw up for real. Later, it was still stuck and I threw up in the car and again about ten mins later. Sorry for so much detail but it was strange for me as I didnt eat more today then I usually do. I am wondering if the food got stuck because I didnt drink much in the past couple of days and maybe my insides were drier than normal. It certainly has thrown me and I feel a bit delicate because of it and to make matters worse I was on a date! A first date. No doubt it will be the last. In the end I had to tell him why which is not something I would have said so early in the game.

Anyway, I just wanted to let off a little bit of steam as I am still feeling sorry for myself and very surprised that this happened six months post op when I was being so careful.

hi hun, im so sorry you ve had cr*p day of it, im not to sure medically why this is happening as im pre op, but if you feel like you said its because you havent drunk much then hopefully once you ve got some more fluids in you you'll feel better!!..........ooo first date!! :) its exciting hey when you start dating!.... im sure he ll be understanding babe now you ve explained and if not then he s not the one!! you ll have to let us know how it all goes! im a sucker for a love story ;-) xxx

hi hun, im so sorry you ve had cr*p day of it, im not to sure medically why this is happening as im pre op, but if you feel like you said its because you havent drunk much then hopefully once you ve got some more fluids in you you'll feel better!!..........ooo first date!! :) its exciting hey when you start dating!.... im sure he ll be understanding babe now you ve explained and if not then he s not the one!! you ll have to let us know how it all goes! im a sucker for a love story ;-) xxx

Thanks. Not sure we will make it up the aisle yet, lets face it getting sick on a first date is probably not the most romantic of starts lol

Booooooooooooo. That sucks!! Maybe he'll be lovely and not care!!! And if he does then NEXT!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Meggie, if he was bothered by it that much he doesnt want to see you again.......bothered..........bring on the next fit man :D x

Michelle i have no idea why it happened being a virtual wls virgin (well almost). Just wanted to say if you really liked this guy then i hope he wasn't put off by you throwing up everywhere.... If you're not bothered and he doesn't wanna try a second time then bring on the next man... ''Form an orderly queue lads and take a number''! Enjoy the dating and remember one day one of those toads may well turn into a prince :) xx

ps, your weight loss is awesome, congrats x

WOW! youve lost 10 stone thats amazing, congratulations on your weight loss.

I normally meet the princes that turn in to toads:(

Sometimes when i'm a bit anxious i can't have as much as i usually do... Maybe that had something to do with it?

Congratulations on getting out there and dating though , if he doesn't contact you again i'm sure there will be plenty who do :D

UPDATE....guess who has a second date this evening. ME! With the same guy.

so pleased for you :) its something to tell the gran kids about hehe.
Did u eat a bit faster than usual with being nervous being a first date? i'm just guessing but may be u tummy was just in knots.
Hope your 2nd date went well hun and you kept your food down and at least he knows now about your op xxx

Hi Michelle,
Soory to hear you had a nasty experience. I find that if I fail to eat much one day the next day I get quite a bit more restriction and have to have a pause after the first mouthfull of a meal. That usually gives me the full feeling, that tends to go after a few minutes. At least it didn't put your date off, good luck with that! xx

Back