• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IS THIS NORMAL ?

debbieb

hi everyone,
i just wanted to know if this is normal, or if it's just bad luck on my part...it's been 2 1/2 weeks now since my bypass, 1. i am struggling with the liquid/puree change over, i've been sick on a daily basis !!!.. 2...i have had 2 BIG colds in the last 2 weeks since i came home !!, i feel like total crap !!, and when i asked at the local chemist, they said that i couldn't take any cold remedies coz it would upset my stomach...any advice, feeling pretty crap at the moment.

hi everyone,
i just wanted to know if this is normal, or if it's just bad luck on my part...it's been 2 1/2 weeks now since my bypass, 1. i am struggling with the liquid/puree change over, i've been sick on a daily basis !!!.. 2...i have had 2 BIG colds in the last 2 weeks since i came home !!, i feel like total crap !!, and when i asked at the local chemist, they said that i couldn't take any cold remedies coz it would upset my stomach...any advice, feeling pretty crap at the moment.

i had a cold a few weeks after op - my nurse said i can take the beechams hot lemon drinks, and the liquid paracetamol they give us when we come out - maybe you are eating a bit too quick so taking air in with the food? i think i had mash and gravy for the first few days, even though i am 7 weeks post op now i still have more soup than anything

I can't say weather that's normal as I'm pre op but my dietition has told me to do the liquid bit for 4-6 weeks so maybe its too early for your body? Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I was able to go onto purée at 2 weeks too, but maybe for you it's a little early. Go back to liquids for a couple of days then try again, then if you have any swelling in your pouch from the vomiting it has a chance to go down.
Good luck and hope you feel better in a couple of days. x

i thought we could only have the dissolve paracetamol as well, it's trial and error at first if it doesn't work go back a step and try again later there's no rush to go on puree's you'll probably wish you were still on liquids :)

I'm 7 weeks post op and find that soup factors large in my diet still particularly home made veggie soup as it's the only way I get my veggies into me, as I just can't eat them without pain. But I agree, we all tend to eat fast, and learning to eat slowly is a huge learning curve. I am amazed at how fast hubby eats; he's finished two courses on a big plate when I'm still struggling with a baby sized portion on a baby sized plate.

Im only 10 days out so cant advise you. Just wanted to say hope you feel better soon.

Feel-Better-Soon-5.jpg

it could be you are eating too fast hun, but i would say give your biatric nurse a call and see if they have any advise... but as already suggested go back to liquids for a day or so and let your pouch heal, then try again. xxx

thank you everyone, as for the paracetamol, i was give solid tablets, i have had them from day one, that is what the hospital gave me to bring home..can't say as i have had a real problem with them to be honest, but i have noticed that my taste buds are changing...i now drink coffee instead of tea, ifind that when i drink tea that my stomach hurts !..but it doesn't when i drink coffee ...has anyone else come across this ?

i have never liked coffee so not tried it... but i like bananas now and never before lol

thank you everyone, as for the paracetamol, i was give solid tablets, i have had them from day one, that is what the hospital gave me to bring home..can't say as i have had a real problem with them to be honest, but i have noticed that my taste buds are changing...i now drink coffee instead of tea, ifind that when i drink tea that my stomach hurts !..but it doesn't when i drink coffee ...has anyone else come across this ?

I now hate tea Hun I've tried it twice it was disgusting so I tried coffee and now that's my favourite it's weird as hated coffee b4 ,also I have to drink small sips as drinks hurt my new pouch so ur not alone lol x x

I hated overly spicy things before now I can't get spicy enough. Also craved cup cakes before now don't fancy them at all but fancy nuts (peanut butter is my current desire though can't have for a while longer sadly). lol

I am the same with the spicy foods, but now six weeks post op I have to go Bach and have my gallbladder out. The spicy foods were very short lived:)

I can't drink hot drinks or eat hot food anymore as it's painful. If I have a cup or tea or coffee I have to wait for it to become tepid, which is gutting cos I used to love a nice hot cuppa!!

As for being sick, what kinds of stuff are you trying to eat? Could it still be too thick? I struggled at first as my pureed food was thicker than yogurt consistency so I started thinning it down with milk or gravy depending on what I was having and that helped.

H xx

Back