• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Italian suggestions please

charliegirl

Hi it's my birthday week and I am having some meals out over the course of the week. On thursday I am going with my work mates to an italian, none of them are aware that I have had WLS but are aware I have to lose weight to cure health problems. I have checked the menu over on line and there does not appear to be anything I can eat that wont induce dumping. Not tried pizza yet and cannot face spag bol as I had a lot of that blended after surgery....so I was going to call them in advance and ask if they will make something for me but what? I like a sauce on things as it helps it go down any suggestions of something small, tasty and that wont make me stand out too much if I leave some.....all replies greatly received....xx

Do they do a chicken in a tomatoe sauce with vegs or something similar you could phone them and tell them you have special dietery needs in advance and see what they would be able to do in advance? sorry i cant offer any more than that x

I have just checked their menu again and they do a slow cooked beef stew with mash but its on their afternoon menu. I could cope with that as the beef will be tender...I think I might call and ask them if they could hold a portion over for me...never done this before so new territory for me! nothing ventured nothing gained though...will let you know...xx

hey is this the new charlie girl we are looking at? a new slimmer you and a more assertive and grabbing the bull by the horns for 2009! you go girl and as the saying goes if you dont ask you dont get:hide: so no more hiding be bold and be naughty :whoopass:but most of all have fun have a great birthday week :8855:

Sounds like you sorted it! Not sure what an Italian menu looks like here so I'm not sure what I would have either. Back in America I would go for Chicken Marsala, Chicken Piccata, or Spinach Cannelloni. With the chicken they are moist sauces that you could pick the chicken out of. With canneloni you could eat the filling and only a little of the pasta. Not sure if those are dishes you can find on most menus here!! You will have to tell us how you do.

Nic:D

I was going to suggest cannelloni too, as if you cant eat the pasta you can scrape out the sauce out and eat that instead with a bit of the pasta chopped up fine, though it sounds like you've sorted out your prefered option now, so good for you Linda ;)

Back