• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's getting closer

BeaBea

It suddenly hit me today just how close the date for my surgery is getting. After waiting so long I'm going through all these different emotions, putting the world to rights etc., Wishing I had just gone for surgery and hadn't told my old Mum (she's 87 and like a bit dropped off me!). All this time she has been saying I wish they'd hurry up etc., as soon as it's done you'll feel different. Now she knows it's imminent, she is worried and says I do hope you'll be alright. I really would hate for her to worry her little head, she is so sweet, but I must have it and I have asked her not to visit the first couple of days.

Tony my hubby is fine, but then he takes everything in his stride he is very grounding.

So what else am I worrying about, that I should start the diet now ... from tomorrow that it is, to give myself a better chance.

My boss is trying every opportunity to dump everything she can on me before I go for the op I think and I've had the, 'its elective surgery' remarks too.

I try not to go off on a tangent, I know I just did but I think there will be a lot more before the 22nd.

Thanks all of you for being there, you really are such a support.

Reactions: Bev
Hi Beth, know just how you are feeling. Having fought so long with Walsall about getting a date for surgery and then getting it dropped on me - I am now in a mild panic about not having enough time to sort things out.

Then I am thinking should I make a will - and then there are all the last minute doubts...I could go on.

We will both get through this!

tranquil

Beth, you are always there for all of us and what goes around comes around...

It's going to be a busy time, but make time for yourself... once you are through you can look forward to getting your life in the longer term sorted....

Your boss should put the brake on things and make sure you protect yourself....

I will keep in touch with Tony too when you are in hospital Beth and I'll pass on my landline at some point too...

We are always close in mind and thought and it's going to be here and gone before you know it.

Sending a loving hug as always xxx

The time will fly Beth - embrace it with both hands. Don`t worry about other peoples negative comments; that is why a lot of people don`t want to tell others. You need all the support you can get for the next year or two.

Don`t let the boss overload you with work, you can only do so much in 8 hours or whatever time you have.

Take care hun

Love Kat x

Beth about your boss - can you take the week off before surgery? I have done that to avoid any last minute pressure and reduce stress.

tranquil

Good luck beth - you will be fine I am sure. Just think in 6 months you will be so fit and healthy woohoo!!
Ignore your boss - if it wasn't needed, you wouldn't get it!
Hugs

Vron xx

Hi there thank you so much for listening, Tranquil I thought about the will too, leaving a message here on my laptop for everyone. We will go through it together yes our dates are close. I'm thinking of making soups etc and freezing them at this very moment in time, looking for recipes ... head is like a whirlwind.

Bev you are lovely especially as you are not 100% at the moment. I'll make sure Tony has your mobile number so he can keep in contact, I am so grateful, thank you

I'm not out for the count Beth and will be having to have more time at home, my surgery is not until the new year until I am more robust... but I am always here and I want to be here for my wls family, so whilst I have the time and I am on here, it is the greatest pleasure and I am always at your side, wouldn't have it any other way love xxx

Hi there thank you so much for listening, Tranquil I thought about the will too, leaving a message here on my laptop for everyone. We will go through it together yes our dates are close. I'm thinking of making soups etc and freezing them at this very moment in time, looking for recipes ... head is like a whirlwind.

I thought about making soups but so many people say their tastes change etc. So I am going to get some chilled soups the day before the op about a couple of weeks worth and hope they will last.

I am trying not to be morbid about the will thing but Mr TB and I are not married and I don't like the thought of him being left in problems if anything happens:cry:.

Our ops are a week apart so w xcan keep each other going and we have the support of everyone here too. We will be fine:D

tranquil

Reactions: Bev
Oooooo, it's so exciting! Like Kat says, ignore any negativity & remind your boss you can only achieve so much in the hours you have left...trying to wangle the week or at least a few days off before your op is a good idea if you can manage it. I did some cooking, liquidising & freezing before hand & found it very helpful xxx

You'll be on an emotional roller coaster. I too thought about writing letters etc but thought I'd be tempting fate. We're tough auld boots us lot & a mere bypass isn't gonna see us off ;)

My sense of humour keeps me sane(ish)!!

The emotional rollercoaster journey has begun Beth and its one we all can relate too and we don't even need Blackpool to realise its a "big one". As those who know me are aware i didn't do any letters any what ifs as like J-Mo that was tempting fate. As for your wee mum my mum is 83 and blind and worried herself sick but know loves the fact that i am happy as will your mum too. As for your boss "elective surgery" yes but essential to your health so if they overload you before pre op as long as you get paid take plenty of time post op. xx

Hi Beth, know just how you are feeling. Having fought so long with Walsall about getting a date for surgery and then getting it dropped on me - I am now in a mild panic about not having enough time to sort things out.

Then I am thinking should I make a will - and then there are all the last minute doubts...I could go on.

We will both get through this!

tranquil
Tranquil honey, I hadn't even realised you've got a date! I'm thrilled for you! xxx

Beth it is an emotional roller coaster at this point honey, but hang on in there. I thought about letters, will etc but in the end decided against it as it would have totally freaked my hubby out and I just HAD to believe everything would be ok. And even after complications, it STILL is ok and I'm still losing weight!

You're going to be ok. Br tough/firm with your boss. Elective surgery is still needed and medically required and it isn't on to bully you. A new hip or a hysterectomy is elective too but would he/she be bullying you then? Don't stand for it love, there's only so many hours in a day. And remember we'll all be here for you. xxx

Back