• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's not all about being thin....

charliegirl

Many of you will of followed my progress or lack of it via these boards. You will know I have had highs and lows and looked on here for support. I have given support and hope that I have never offended anyone or forced my thoughts or opinions onto anyone.

I am well aware people think I am lucky as I have funding but it means I am at the back of the queue waiting to start the process all over again and there is NO guarantee that the next surgeon will say yes. He may see a different solution, or he may prefer the band (in his opinion) over the bypass.

So many people have viewed my last post but very few took the time to stop by and offer support. Is it because I have moaned so much? Or am I not worthy because I am complaining about something that some of you think I should be grateful for?? I wonder because if it was all so straight forward we would not be on this forum, we would be able to go it alone and not have to worry because it would all work out. I have given and received support on here and did not know it had a limit.

Can you imagine how it feels to know that you could be well on your way to getting what you want in two weeks time only to be then told it could take six months. Even when I clung on to the slim chance that the PCT meant one month to see the surgeon I was told that that was not even right. Support is not always about saying the cold hard truth.

I have met some truely wonderful people on here who have never judged me, but I have also come across ones who think its fine to say what they like when I feel pain and I cannot handle that. I will miss the ones that mean so much to me and I hope you know who you are. (and no this does not mean I am off to top myself) I am just standing down from the boards.

So to clarify for those that say I scare people I am leaving the boards. I will give my support via PM's to those I consider I can help and leave well alone those that bring me no support as I am just not strong enough right now.

Linda,

I am sorry that you feel let down by the group here, and that you are feeling so much inner pain right now :hug99:

I hope that when the pain starts to ease you'll be able to see that you are cared about here and that so many of us have supported you without question through your process from start to now. You can't take the views on a thread as meaning anything, because views will come from members who use other parts of the forum and from lurkers who just read but haven't plucked up the courage to post yet.

I read your post yesterday but didn't reply, as I had a bad day emotionally myself yesterday and didn't feel capable of being happy happy joy joy as usual to try and cheer you up. I was planning on replying today once I felt better.

Personally I think the times when you're feeling so fragile that you want to step away are the times that you should step closer and lean on the support that is offered.

Linda hun keep in touch. it is hard emotionally for you right now and sometimes over e mail things can seem to mean something different. you need to do what is best for you right now xx

linda like shell i was hopefully going to reply today. I too am an emotional wreck at the moment but for different reasons. On top of that finding out that my op is going to be possiably christmas eve has thrown me into chaos as im in limbo about what i do about my next placement. I really dont know what to say linda apart from like shel surly its now that you need to hang around rather than stepping back. you have been a fantastic support to me and so many and dont underestimate your importance. If you remember you missinterpreted what i was saying in one of my posts and this is the problem with forums that without facial expressions and tone its very difficult to interpret sometimes but the offer of support has been there on many occasions just sorry you dont feel its been like that.
take care and remember we are here for you
HC

Keep in touch Linda

Everything seems raw to you at this time. I can understand how you feel.

Please keep in touch your experiences will help us all.

You will soon be on the losers bench!

Hiya

I dont think we have spoken much. I dont answer the forums too much as i feel others could give better advise then i.

But if i do know something i will try and help. Im sorry you feel a little let down , i feel like this in real life at the moment but i know i have support and i will get through it all.

I hope you get the support feeling and really we all here try to give support as much as possible , so dont feel alone. if your not answered ask again thats what i would do.

But i do wish you all the best and try and stick around , ill even let you poke me with a stick if you get angry or stressed.

All my Best

Mark

I just want to add we are all mad in a way on these forums . my mum always said i was special and we all know what that means.
But click this link and tell me do you think this fella has a screw loose.

http://www.snotr.com/video/1759

linda stay on the forum you have just as much right as any other member to be here and you are a valued member, alot of people will miss you including me, ive not been a member that long, but this site is a valuble one for both giving and recieving support, i wouldnt let what others say worry you, this site is here for any one of us to post how we feel at different parts of our weight loss journey, stay hold your head up high and keep posting !! you have done nothing wrong.

liz xxx

Hi Linda
Sorry you are feeling so down I'm relatively new to posting and didn't see your thread yesterday. Hang on in there as there seems loads of very useful support here.

M

linda stay on the forum you have just as much right as any other member to be here and you are a valued member, alot of people will miss you including me, ive not been a member that long, but this site is a valuble one for both giving and recieving support, i wouldnt let what others say worry you, this site is here for any one of us to post how we feel at different parts of our weight loss journey, stay hold your head up high and keep posting !! you have done nothing wrong.

liz xxx

Couldn't have put it better myself. Will keep in touch with you for sure, but don't let the minority on here get you down, I know easier said than done, but you get more worthwhile support and info than useless so stay hun and ignore the ones that think they are clever

Maxine
xx

Hi
I am new to this and dont know anything about having to wait for funding or the process or much really
I know how emotional it is though and that comments can upset you even when they are meant to be harmless
Please stay and read messages and remember you are already ahead of many many people and your dream is still close
Helen
x

Many of you will of followed my progress or lack of it via these boards. You will know I have had highs and lows and looked on here for support. I have given support and hope that I have never offended anyone or forced my thoughts or opinions onto anyone.

I am well aware people think I am lucky as I have funding but it means I am at the back of the queue waiting to start the process all over again and there is NO guarantee that the next surgeon will say yes. He may see a different solution, or he may prefer the band (in his opinion) over the bypass. The PCT have agreed so that is nearly all the battle over, its just waiting which can be the hardest thing.

So many people have viewed my last post but very few took the time to stop by and offer support. Is it because I have moaned so much? Or am I not worthy because I am complaining about something that some of you think I should be grateful for?? I wonder because if it was all so straight forward we would not be on this forum, we would be able to go it alone and not have to worry because it would all work out. I have given and received support on here and did not know it had a limit. I am the first to get upset by things on line ,but iv tried very hard as online things can seem as though people are ignoring you or being rude ,but you are not going to like this i know:(. But i think you have taken this to heart .People dont always reply as like you they have bad times too, and you would not expect those that really dont feel able to give support right at that time, to just do it as you feel you need it !!.I for one read your post but have been ill, iv only come on today to reply so there is always other sides to a story .I know your finding this hard god knows i would be. But getting upset at the amount of people reading but not replying is silly as you can not expect others to just do as you want .

Can you imagine how it feels to know that you could be well on your way to getting what you want in two weeks time only to be then told it could take six months. Even when I clung on to the slim chance that the PCT meant one month to see the surgeon I was told that that was not even right. Support is not always about saying the cold hard truth. Sometimes it is though :(,sometime the real friends are the ones that can tell you the truth and if that's cold and hard then im sorry, but there is always caring meant in those words.

I have met some truely wonderful people on here who have never judged me, but I have also come across ones who think its fine to say what they like when I feel pain and I cannot handle that.But you can not make people say what you want to here:(, I will miss the ones that mean so much to me and I hope you know who you are. (and no this does not mean I am off to top myself) I am just standing down from the boards.You will be very missed i for one absolutely 100% care about you but i know my reply will not go down well ,but im sorry i stand by the fact that true friends say what you need to hear ,never nasty just what is true !

So to clarify for those that say I scare people I am leaving the boards. I will give my support via PM's to those I consider I can help and leave well alone those that bring me no support as I am just not strong enough right now.

I hope you understand what im saying ,I know you need support and you do get it,But your hurting and you dont see it xxxxx love Honey xxx

Well said Honey.......... The forum is about being honest and is never meant in a nasty way, as other people have said reading what someone has typed can be a fatal error!!!!! and hurt people but we are all sensitive and going threw a tough time....

Linda everyone is here to support you... and I am sure no-one has meant to hurt you in anyway

Back