• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've been gone for a while!

kelly_333_333

Hi everyone!

I've not been on for a little while and have come back to find the website has changed, it has changed hasn't it? I'm not just imagining it? lol

Well, it's 6 days till I leave for Belgium and 1 week till my op! I'm getting pretty excited and nervous now!

One thing I wanted to do was be accountable. I was told by my surgeon that a pre op diet wouldn't be required but I decided I would follow one anyway. I started it last Thursday having a slimfast for breaky, another for lunch with an apple, a low calorie weight wacthers meal for dinner and then an orange and a fat free yogurt. I lasted 4 days and then decided yesterday that i had remembered some foods I hadn't had a chance to "eat for the last time" and so had fish and chips for dinner last night, a HUGE fry up for breakfast today and then dominos pizza for dinner tonight! I have every intention to get back onto the low cal diet tomorrow.

it made me realise the reasons why I am having the band but I do know that had I been told I HAD to follow a pre op diet I would have followed it all the way through, I had a scape goat and I took it!

While I'm here I also wanted to leave my youtube channel, I've decided to do video blogs for my band journey and wondered if any of you would be interested in watching?

YouTube

I need to spend some time catching up with the site again. I hope everyone is well?

Kelly x

Hiya Kelly! Lovely to see you again!
You're in good company as we have lots of newly banded and pre-op Banders here now and with the new format being introduced , we can find each other so much better.

I follow a pretty strict diet all week because I always go nuts if I'm not careful, and have a treat or two on the weekend. It has helped me in the long term x

Hi Kelly,

Ill be looking forward to reading your posts and ill follow your journey on youtube too. By gosh you are very brave doing that. I did consider it, but not got the balls for it and the time to commit. Well done you!

Kel you youtube vids are brilliant.

Im going to start using my wii fit so maybe we could have weekly challenges.
Also, the C25K interests me but im the same as you and dont want to go running on the streets. Im going to wait until im about 17 stone then start it.
Are you going through WLS Group? i have been through these and if you are, im a bit concerned that ive not had that post-op plan you were given.

Tamgredan, I went through Obesity Solutions Group which is Dr Focquet's own company. I cut out providers costs doing it this way. When I had my consultation with him in London I was given a folder with different booklets in and one of them had the post op diet, I'm guessing this is something you will get when surgery arrives as I'm guessing you haven't seen the surgeon yet?

Thanks for the positive comments on my you tube videos, It has taken me lots of balls to do but I want to keep a record of my journey and I want to be able to help other UK bandits seeing as their are such few vids from here!

This time next week I'll possibly be banded!!!!!!(dependant on surgery times)

I used Dr Focquet (unfortunate name), he is a very nice man

Kel you youtube vids are brilliant.

Im going to start using my wii fit so maybe we could have weekly challenges.
Also, the C25K interests me but im the same as you and dont want to go running on the streets. Im going to wait until im about 17 stone then start it.
Are you going through WLS Group? i have been through these and if you are, im a bit concerned that ive not had that post-op plan you were given.

Hi

I went through WLS Group and my pre and post op eating plans were sheets within the folder they gave me at my consultation. They set out the various stages leading up to moving on to solids. The solid stage which they call the butterfly plan comes in a separate leaflet.

Give them a call if you haven't got it x

good luck x

Well I got back on track yesterday and even though I messed up for a couple of days I still had a loss of 2.6lb for the week :) My surgery isn't until next Wednesday so gives me time to lose a little bit more.

I'm starting to get pretty excited now but also nervous too!

well done on the weight loss
really enjoyed ur utube video as well

Back