• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Hi all so milk diet starts Monday iv gained weight and have pre op on Wednesday so nervous that they mite cancel my op coz iv gained 9lbs :-(
Have any of you gained before you went for your pre op? He told me to maintain if I can. I jus hope 3days of milk diet will help and I'm going out for a roast with my entire family tomorrow for a last supper kinda thing so I will just have veg and meat. So worried the will not let me have the op coz of my gain. HELP!!! :'-(
Stick to meat and veg tomorrow and be strict with your milk diet for the first three days hopefully the majority will come off. If you want this you'll focus now until pre op :) be strong x

Stick to meat and veg tomorrow and be strict with your milk diet for the first three days hopefully the majority will come off. If you want this you'll focus now until pre op :) be strong x
Thank you I hardly ate anything when I was there. I want it so bad I will be good ☺ iv not fancied food today which is my last day of food so thought I'd really fancy something nice but I think mentally I really am ready for this. Xx

Hi all so milk diet starts Monday iv gained weight and have pre op on Wednesday so nervous that they mite cancel my op coz iv gained 9lbs :-(
Have any of you gained before you went for your pre op? He told me to maintain if I can. I jus hope 3days of milk diet will help and I'm going out for a roast with my entire family tomorrow for a last supper kinda thing so I will just have veg and meat. So worried the will not let me have the op coz of my gain. HELP!!! :'-(

Hi Sweetcheeks
You are getting yourself in a tizzy. The milk diet is 1stly a liver shrinking diet and 2ndly a weight loss diet. Mr Jain said he wanted me down to 130 kg and on the morning of surgery their scales recorded that. He even said t o me whilst I was getting plugged up on the operating table ' so you just achieved the weight loss?'.. He may set you a target of weight loss for the period of the milk diet so hang on in there to see what happens on Wednesday. I haven't read on here of anyone being cancelled at that stage of the process.
I am doing okay but my scales say I have put weight on after surgery. Does anyone know if this is not unheard of? Could it be due to fluid retention? The anaesthetic? Or am going to be the biggest surgical failure at L&D?
I had hoped so see some loss 5 days post op. So I am a bit disheartened at the moment. On the positives - drinking fluids is not an issue and I am not hungry. Had soup, yogurt, Fromage fraise, milk. Squash. I need to drink more but I normally can down a :( pint of milk in one but can't now so i have to keep on remembering to sip.
The drain site is healing well. The other sites are all okay and are now getting itchy. Went for my 1st 100 m slow walk today. I will continue to do that eachday.
Now just setting down for the night - hot milk and tablets 1st. Best thing i had with me in hospital was my I-pod and earphones. Blocked out noise, music was soothing and relaxing.
SJ x

They filled me so full of fluid I weighed more two weeks after the operation than I did before the liver shrinking diet! I was so swollen with fluid I couldn't get even socks on. So yes, it is probably fluid retention. Good to hear from you, it sounds like things are going to plan.

Hi Sweetcheeks
You are getting yourself in a tizzy. The milk diet is 1stly a liver shrinking diet and 2ndly a weight loss diet. Mr Jain said he wanted me down to 130 kg and on the morning of surgery their scales recorded that. He even said t o me whilst I was getting plugged up on the operating table ' so you just achieved the weight loss?'.. He may set you a target of weight loss for the period of the milk diet so hang on in there to see what happens on Wednesday. I haven't read on here of anyone being cancelled at that stage of the process.
I am doing okay but my scales say I have put weight on after surgery. Does anyone know if this is not unheard of? Could it be due to fluid retention? The anaesthetic? Or am going to be the biggest surgical failure at L&D?
I had hoped so see some loss 5 days post op. So I am a bit disheartened at the moment. On the positives - drinking fluids is not an issue and I am not hungry. Had soup, yogurt, Fromage fraise, milk. Squash. I need to drink more but I normally can down a :( pint of milk in one but can't now so i have to keep on remembering to sip.
The drain site is healing well. The other sites are all okay and are now getting itchy. Went for my 1st 100 m slow walk today. I will continue to do that eachday.
Now just setting down for the night - hot milk and tablets 1st. Best thing i had with me in hospital was my I-pod and earphones. Blocked out noise, music was soothing and relaxing.
SJ x
Completely normal You've just had major surgery. Give it a few days your weight with flunctuate, don't worry xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
SJ x
Hey!!!!! So good to gear from you! And even better to read your doing great!
So pleased for you I really am.
Yes iv got myself worked up so much, I started the milk diet today one pint down just on my second and already my tummy is burning and making me go to the loo soooo much. Sorry tmi lol
Iv only got two weeks on the milk diet and gained 9lbs coz I'm a greedy so and so and got to comfortable eating.
Did you have the no added sugar crusha? Omg iv got all the flavours and they are not that nice. I brought chicken and beef Bovril I am SUPER excited about having one tonight. I took a multivitamin and my meds today but getting pain already grr
Did Mr Jain do the op? I got told I might have one of his other surgeons which has made me super nervous and I keep getting upset and crying in secret worrying about the what ifs!
About your weight gain I have read before some ppl gain the first few weeks but It will go off fast as in goes on so don't worry.
I went and brought some new PJs yesterday embarrassingly I got a pregnancy night dress so I will have more room for the night dress to not touch my dressings and I got a short set as morphine makes me so hot.
What else should I pack?
I brought some vitamin spray could have fallen over when I saw the price!!!
Icant find mouth spray anywhere.
I would love to take music and headphones but brought ear plugs instead lol
Iv had a many hospital stays in my time so ear plugs are a godsend although when the nurse comes to take my BP I leap out of my skin lol
I take my hat off to you my lady for doing the milk diet and doing so well for so long. I have done half a day and milks making me feel sick already lol
I'm far from fussy but those crusha are gross!
Think jelly will have to be made tomorrow lol
What did they do at the pre op?I'm literally pooping my pants with worry.
Xxxx

Hi Sweetcheeks
SJ x
Forgot to say I got told few days ago that I'm diabetic now I haven't told the hospital yet Im worried they mite postpone my op?

Sweetcheeks, don't get ahead of yourself. Wait to see what they say on Wednesday and stop panicking.
I'll try iv just waited to long and things just worry me so much. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if the cancelled it as iv prepared everything with my family partner holidays and everything. Its such an emotional rollercoaster.
How are you feeling now? How long till you can go swimming? X

Hey!!!!! So good to gear from you! And even better to read your doing great!
So pleased for you I really am.
Yes iv got myself worked up so much, I started the milk diet today one pint down just on my second and already my tummy is burning and making me go to the loo soooo much. Sorry tmi lol
Iv only got two weeks on the milk diet and gained 9lbs coz I'm a greedy so and so and got to comfortable eating.
Did you have the no added sugar crusha? Omg iv got all the flavours and they are not that nice. I brought chicken and beef Bovril I am SUPER excited about having one tonight. I took a multivitamin and my meds today but getting pain already grr
Did Mr Jain do the op? I got told I might have one of his other surgeons which has made me super nervous and I keep getting upset and crying in secret worrying about the what ifs!
About your weight gain I have read before some ppl gain the first few weeks but It will go off fast as in goes on so don't worry.
I went and brought some new PJs yesterday embarrassingly I got a pregnancy night dress so I will have more room for the night dress to not touch my dressings and I got a short set as morphine makes me so hot.
What else should I pack?
I brought some vitamin spray could have fallen over when I saw the price!!!
Icant find mouth spray anywhere.
I would love to take music and headphones but brought ear plugs instead lol
Iv had a many hospital stays in my time so ear plugs are a godsend although when the nurse comes to take my BP I leap out of my skin lol
I take my hat off to you my lady for doing the milk diet and doing so well for so long. I have done half a day and milks making me feel sick already lol
I'm far from fussy but those crusha are gross!
Think jelly will have to be made tomorrow lol
What did they do at the pre op?I'm literally pooping my pants with worry.
Xxxx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Firstly being diabetic is not a cause for cancellation. In fact having the bypass will stop your symptoms. When you go to your pre-op tomorrow tell them of this new diagnosis - blood sugar readings but you will have a whole set of bloods taken at pre-op and another lot on op day.
At the pre-op you have a talk from a nurse who goes through the dos and don'ts, you meet others who are having surgery, get the post-op diet and emergency contact details. Plus you get your sharps box for the used injections.
A HCA does your obs including weight, goes through the many-paged form you had completed in the waiting room. You then have the MRSA swabs taken. 1 from you nostril and 1 from your groin.
Nurse No 2 then reviews the form again and hands you out blood request forms; ECG form and prescription that has to be filled out at the hospital pharmacy. Drop your prescription on the want to have your bloods done, then head over for your ECG. They will give you the reading to take back to the Obesity Clinic so collect your drugs on the way through, drop the ECG results off at the OP clinic and then go home. You will be knackered and feel as though you have been squeezed through a sausage making machine.

I love milk - Cravendale semi for me was the best and I have to admit I didn't get the Crusha until last week and I haven't tried it yet (although the kids have helped themselves!). And I always had the beef Oxo as I enjoyed the saltiness of it which the chicken didn't have.
I bought a new nightshirt for hospital and never used it. The theatre gown was used overnight and the next day I showered and dressed ready to go home. Make sure you take the slippers and dressing gown otherwise you will be flashing your nether regions to those in the waiting areas!! I didn't actually notice the heat in the ward -too busy snoozing and listening to music.

Consultant Mr Jain as assisted by Mr Rashid and Mr Tanveer. I saw Mr Jain in theatre before I went to sleep, he came to the ward the evening after surgery, with his team 1st thing the next morning, then I saw Mr Tanveer and then Mr Jain again just after lunch on the Wednesday before I went home, clutching my meds they prescribed -Lansaprole, Senna, Enoxaparin injection, Paracetamol, Codeine Phosphate, Calcium tabs, Ferrous Sulphate and a Vitamin B12 injection in YouTube before you leave.

I think that's all. Keep posted as to how tomorrow goes.
SJ xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
Firstly being diabetic is not a cause for cancellation. In fact having the bypass will stop your symptoms. When you go to your pre-op tomorrow tell them of this new diagnosis - blood sugar readings but you will have a whole set of bloods taken at pre-op and another lot on op day.
At the pre-op you have a talk from a nurse who goes through the dos and don'ts, you meet others who are having surgery, get the post-op diet and emergency contact details. Plus you get your sharps box for the used injections.
A HCA does your obs including weight, goes through the many-paged form you had completed in the waiting room. You then have the MRSA swabs taken. 1 from you nostril and 1 from your groin.
Nurse No 2 then reviews the form again and hands you out blood request forms; ECG form and prescription that has to be filled out at the hospital pharmacy. Drop your prescription on the want to have your bloods done, then head over for your ECG. They will give you the reading to take back to the Obesity Clinic so collect your drugs on the way through, drop the ECG results off at the OP clinic and then go home. You will be knackered and feel as though you have been squeezed through a sausage making machine.

I love milk - Cravendale semi for me was the best and I have to admit I didn't get the Crusha until last week and I haven't tried it yet (although the kids have helped themselves!). And I always had the beef Oxo as I enjoyed the saltiness of it which the chicken didn't have.
I bought a new nightshirt for hospital and never used it. The theatre gown was used overnight and the next day I showered and dressed ready to go home. Make sure you take the slippers and dressing gown otherwise you will be flashing your nether regions to those in the waiting areas!! I didn't actually notice the heat in the ward -too busy snoozing and listening to music.

Consultant Mr Jain as assisted by Mr Rashid and Mr Tanveer. I saw Mr Jain in theatre before I went to sleep, he came to the ward the evening after surgery, with his team 1st thing the next morning, then I saw Mr Tanveer and then Mr Jain again just after lunch on the Wednesday before I went home, clutching my meds they prescribed -Lansaprole, Senna, Enoxaparin injection, Paracetamol, Codeine Phosphate, Calcium tabs, Ferrous Sulphate and a Vitamin B12 injection in YouTube before you leave.

SJ xx
Hey lovely to hear from you. How are you feeling?
I just worry that they will attempt to stop surgery some how if I tell them but my Dr said there is no point testing again till after my sleeve in case it will stop me being diabetic which is a bonus.
Where do you meet all these ppl in the waiting room?
I know iv gained weight but iv not been well also but I'm praying they won't care about a few lbs that hopefully I will lose in the two weeks of milk diet.
I hate the mrsa swabs I do them myself when I go to hospitals coz once had a nurse shove one up my nose so hard it was painful there was no need for that when its just a swabbing of it.
How many days of injections do you get?
Is that clexain? Iv had that before it stings and when I first had to keep having it no one told me not to rub it after coz was sore I ended up looking battered and bruised.

Haha haha sausage machine mmmmmmmm sausages!!! Lol
It's so frustrating I used to do my gfs meals as I was a chef she has made her dinner the past two nights insisting on it and omg they look and smell so good iv had it out with her and said why didn't you make that for me she said coz when every I'm going to cook you tell me what and how to do it, now I can ju cook what I like haha omg! I firstly didn't realize how controlling I am in the kitchen but secondly I'm gutted I didn't jus let her cook as the meals she is coming up with look heavenly (lesson learnt) that will teach me hey! Lol
I had chicken Bovril in hot milk today it was amazing like chicken soup I'm more for hot meals so that was lovely. Iv only managed two pints I have read so many ppl just having 3 and when I read that I thought omg when I do it I'll be starving and have every drop but yesterday I had 3pints and a Bovril
Today so far iv had that's "soup" and a pint for breakfast and funny enough I don't feel starving like I thought I would.

I have a short fluffy dressing gown I only wear it in hospital otherwise it never sees the light of day, it might be a lot of fun to walk about airing my body parts and putting people off the cornflakes haha
Do you have to still inject your tummy for a while?
I will let you know how I get on as soon as possible tomorrow evening as I have my sister in-law coming from Italy so we are going for a meal at the in-laws well I'll be drinking coffee or milk oh boy its going to be a tuff day.
Thank you so much for your help and support hun xxx

Goodness me Sweetcheeks, you are a worrier aren't you! I'm glad Suffolk Joy answered as she knows exactly what happens at the pre-op at your hospital. Has your doctor confirmed the diabetic diagnosis or have you had a blood reading that is indicative and you need another one before they will confirm it? Whatever you should be very open with your medical team.

Please, please, please stop worrying that they are looking for a reason to cancel your operation. They've invested a lot of time and booked the bed and the theatre time now and they can't offer it to anyone else because they wouldn't be time for the liver shrinking diet. The only reasons they would cancel you is if it was medically unsafe for you (so in your best interests) or if there was some emergency outside of anyone's control that meant the bed, theatre or surgeon wasn't available.

I found the milk diet surprisingly easy, I think that was because I was so motivated and it sounds like you are so I hope you find the same.

As for the swimming, I can't go until the wound has healed and nobody knows when that will happen. Frustrating but not the end of the world.

Good luck tomorrow.

Goodness me Sweetcheeks, you are a worrier aren't you! I'm glad Suffolk Joy answered as she knows exactly what happens at the pre-op at your hospital. Has your doctor confirmed the diabetic diagnosis or have you had a blood reading that is indicative and you need another one before they will confirm it? Whatever you should be very open with your medical team.

Please, please, please stop worrying that they are looking for a reason to cancel your operation. They've invested a lot of time and booked the bed and the theatre time now and they can't offer it to anyone else because they wouldn't be time for the liver shrinking diet. The only reasons they would cancel you is if it was medically unsafe for you (so in your best interests) or if there was some emergency outside of anyone's control that meant the bed, theatre or surgeon wasn't available.

I found the milk diet surprisingly easy, I think that was because I was so motivated and it sounds like you are so I hope you find the same.

As for the swimming, I can't go until the wound has healed and nobody knows when that will happen. Frustrating but not the end of the world.

Good luck tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow.
Haha yes I am lol I had a blood test end of last year and I was borderline diabetic but now I am diabetic but my Dr doesn't want to out me on meds or anything till after my op as she said where I will lose weight and things my health should improve so she will do another test a few weeks after my op. She didn't seem worried but I am coz my mum and auntie are type two and my name type one iv seen what it can do in my job so I was upset as you can imagine. Hopefully losing weight will help for most of my problems.
I'm on day two of milk diet and finding it easy not hungry at all just keep thinking mmmmm salad mmmm ham mmmmm boiled egg lol o was off my food on the weekend which was a huge regret as I didn't have a lovely final meal I just had some toast.
I made like chicken soup with the chicken Bovril and milk it was so good to have it hot!
I love to swim just haven't got the confidence to put my swimwear on.
I'm so grateful for all your msgs I will keep you posted about tomorrow xxx

Hi Sweetcheeks

SJ xx
Well today was the longest day of my life!! Got to the hospital for my pre op assessment at 9.45 did t leave till 3pm!
And guess what!!! They mite cancel my op because my BP was high. I suffer with high BP and I'm on meds she said usually she would cancel there and then but she wants to talk to the surgeon and anesthetist and said she will call me BUT if I don't hear from her by my op date she said still come in. I now have a awful 12 days to wait on edge wondering if I'll get the call I'm dreading. I'm going to book an emergency app at my drs tomorrow to get new medication and sort this once and for all.
I'm truly a mess I really am gutted iv done everything they asked I was stressed out and the cuff was so bloody tight I told them that too so of course my blood pressure is high. But they said its so high I'm at risk. Its such a huge blow I am a mess I can't face anymore milk today iv only had one pint as I'm so upset.
My ECG was fine I had bloods and swabs they weighed me and iv gained 6lbs since last going in March but that will come off fast. I literally don't know what to do anymore :'-(

Good luck tomorrow.
Well today was the longest day of my life!! Got to the hospital for my pre op assessment at 9.45 did t leave till 3pm!
And guess what!!! They mite cancel my op because my BP was high. I suffer with high BP and I'm on meds she said usually she would cancel there and then but she wants to talk to the surgeon and anesthetist and said she will call me BUT if I don't hear from her by my op date she said still come in. I now have a awful 12 days to wait on edge wondering if I'll get the call I'm dreading. I'm going to book an emergency app at my drs tomorrow to get new medication and sort this once and for all.
I'm truly a mess I really am gutted iv done everything they asked I was stressed out and the cuff was so bloody tight I told them that too so of course my blood pressure is high. But they said its so high I'm at risk. Its such a huge blow I am a mess I can't face anymore milk today iv only had one pint as I'm so upset.
My ECG was fine I had bloods and swabs they weighed me and iv gained 6lbs since last going in March but that will come off fast. I literally don't know what to do anymore :'-(

That's brilliant news, best of luck xx

Sweetcheeks whatever you do......DO NOT GIVE UP, it may not be cancelled so you don't want to stop the milk otherwise you risk them not being able to do the operation due to the size of your liver, remain positive and maybe tomorrow ask you GP if he will do a 24 hour "tape" so you can take the results with you or ask him to send results to L and D but try not to become too stressed by this otherwise your BP simply will not reduce Xx

Good luck with your GP tomorrow. Let us know what is said.
Thank you they have doubles my current medication for my BP so I called them hospital and asked to speak to the woman that done my BP and assessment and also wanted to know if your actually allowed slim fast as when in the group meeting yesterday the nurse said you can on the milk diet but I thought you can after surgery but not on the milk diet I wanted to double check. Anyways they didn't call back they never do!! So I'm still stuck wondering what's going on :'-(

Back