• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a little update from Jezabelle ~ (Julie)

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
Thursday past I went back to see Dr Taheri.

I'm very pleased to say I have lost what they wanted me to lose and that I was sent straight in to see one of the surgeons at Heartlands Hospital, Mr Richardson was also pleased with my weight loss and told me he will be applying for the funding.

He and others told me I am more suitable for the Gastric Banding. After months of chewing things over I also think the Banding is more for me too.

Mr Richardson wanted me to attend a Seminar there and then but sadly the dietician had to go home. I am booked in for this on Monday!

I was told by Mr Richardson that it would be a 3-4 months waiting once the funding has been approved by my local PCT.

My husband said I went bright red when they told me it was all systems go... I was over the mood! :D

Just hope the man from del monte says yes to the funding now!! :)

That is terrific news hun, crossing my fingers for yo that your funding comes soon and you date follows quickly.

Nic:p

fabulous news Julie. I'm delighted for you hun xx

Thank's girls.. :)

Today I attended the seminar at Heartlands Hospital. I was given my information pack and Wendy gave us a talk.

I was told that once my funding has been approved I will receive a letter with my operation date along with the pre-op. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed I get accepted for the funding now.

:)Well done on the weight loss Julie
I shall keep my fingers crossed too for your funding approval

I phoned the Hospital up the 12th Nov to see if my letter to the PCT had been written! It's a good job I phoned because it hadn't & my files were missing. I was told it would be written and sent off by the 20th Nov. Phoned them again around 10 days ago to be told the letter was at the finance dpt and it would be dealt with by the end of the week which would have been 4th Dec. In all it's taken them 4 weeks to just get my letter together for the pct. :sigh:

I've been told that Solihull's pct are pretty quick making a decision. I really hope this is true as I would love to be given a date for early next year before xmas. I need to get my date sorted before I go away for my winter holiday...

Great news on your approval from surgeon, and great news that you called up to chase! Fingers crossed you get the decision you want and quick hun! ;)

Back