• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just wondering

Zoobles

You know how they say that the sleeve is not reversible, but the bypass is? Well, obviously I get why they say that as the bypass rerouting could technically be put back to normal, whereas the 'excess' stomach is physically removed with the sleeve.

But is it really as easy as that? Does everything just go back to working okay after months/years of not being used? Do you start absorbing all your nutrients properly again, and do you suddenly gain weight? Does anyone know?

Not that I'm going into this with a view to getting it reversed, of course, but you never know what lies ahead in life and it got me wondering just how feasible bypass reversal really is...

Yes you go back to virtually normal. Yes you will put on weight. That's where the lifestyle changes you've made to what made you fat in the first place need to kick in.

You need to be sure before you have this surgery and expect it to never be reversed. I am only in this position due to malnutrition and dysphagia. I cannot stop losing weight.

That's good to know. Well, not about your malnutrition and dysphagia, obviously - that sounds awful and I hope there can be a good resolution for you :)

Really, I was thinking more along the lines of 'can it be reversed, say if you get a critical or chronic illness where you need every calorie & nutrient to heal/get through treatment?'. So it's reassuring to know it's there as a (hopefully never needed) option.

Back