• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mini Bypass - Any Experiences?

I had my pouch made smaller and they lengthened my pipe work from intestine to bowel as now they say longer pipe work leads to greater results as was they thought not the case 5 years ago. I am no expert in bypasses but you have to stick to the rules, I wasn't eating proper meals, was surviving on toast, crisps sweets etc but funny enough was told no fizzy drinks back in October 2010 and never touched one since. Weird how some rules stick and not others. Good luck to you all with weight losses.

Ah that explains the cost. The MGB which some of us on this thread have is a little different to the RNY. It already has a 2 metre bypass and it isn't a pouch but like a sleeve without the rest of the stomach thrown away. There is only one anastomosis rather than 2 in the RNY. I thinK some surgeons always did offer different lengths for RNYs dependant on how much weight the person needed to lose. Distal medial and some other name iirc but I think most of them just chose the medium length as a matter of course and did not even discuss it with the patient.

Good luck with your revision, it is good to get a second chance :)

I had my pouch made smaller and they lengthened my pipe work from intestine to bowel as now they say longer pipe work leads to greater results as was they thought not the case 5 years ago. I am no expert in bypasses but you have to stick to the rules, I wasn't eating proper meals, was surviving on toast, crisps sweets etc but funny enough was told no fizzy drinks back in October 2010 and never touched one since. Weird how some rules stick and not others. Good luck to you all with weight losses.
I'm really worried now , I eat healthy but occasionally have the odd naughty

Stick to the rules Curls'40 and I am sure you be fine, my weight was stable for three and a half years then kept creeping up, this time round I have to abide by them as there is nothing else I can possibly have done.

Stick to the rules Curls'40 and I am sure you be fine, my weight was stable for three and a half years then kept creeping up, this time round I have to abide by them as there is nothing else I can possibly have done.
Did you have a mini gastric bypass also before?

No Curls40's I had a RNY bypass first time round and it was a success I lost 9 stone with it .All I know now is that he made my pouch smaller and lengthened the pipe work from intestine to bowel and put a fobi ring at the top. All going well at the mo.

Back