• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kick starting a prolonged plateau??

everpositive

Another worry and moan from me Im afraid!!!

POsted a few days back about having not lost any weight for almost 2 wks. Got quite a few posts in return which made sense and offered some good tips which I've followed but still not dropping anything.

What on this earth can I do? How long could/should a 'plateau' last for? I'm getting a bit hacked off now

CHeers in anticipation guys x :cry:

You could try the 5 day pouch test, or the pouch rules for dummies water loading technique. It's very early for you to have a long plateau, can you see or speak to your dietician and keep a food diary to go over with her?

Claire, I was sooooooooooooooooo glad to see this post cos i've been crappin myself for the last 2 weeks, i haven't lost a pound.

I've lost exactly 3 stone since my op on 24th Jan 09 but for the past 2 weeks i've lost nothing, will be interested to see how you go on and i'll keep you posted on my loss (or not) this week x x x

I read on another site that if you increase your food and fluid intake, in particular protein for a few days to a week this will give you a boost and you will lose weight again. I know it sounds backwards but they explained why it works but I can't remember it to repeat it here but I can tell you that it was perfectly plausable and, by the sounds of it, works for many.

Richard (Silversurfer) just recently posted about the same thing. He said increased calories and protein will raise your metabolic rate that has gone to sleep to conserve energy with your restricted calorie intake. It does work, I swear. I have never (knock wood) in 6 months gone more than 5 days without a loss, small losses but still loss none the less. I really think my focus on protein is the reason.

Nic;)

Hiya

Hope I am not sounding too thick here, but was wondering, as most of the people who comment on protein levels on this forum are bypassers, does it only affect you because you have had your pipeworks altered, or should banders also be aware of their protein levels? Thanks ladies ( and gents) for any advice you might be able to pass on,.

MNL:wave_cry:

Hiya

Hope I am not sounding too thick here, but was wondering, as most of the people who comment on protein levels on this forum are bypassers, does it only affect you because you have had your pipeworks altered, or should banders also be aware of their protein levels? Thanks ladies ( and gents) for any advice you might be able to pass on,.

MNL:wave_cry:

Yes it applies to banders too - lower your intake of processed carbs I.E white bread, pasta, white rice, pastry etc etc, increase your protein - i.e fish, turkey, chicken, red meat, etc and eat complex carbs like brown rice, pulses and beans, salad and vegatables etc etc

ty silva good advice x

lost 4 lb this week x x x

Thats cool Mintball!! Me too!!

Lets stay positive!

Are you going to the Manchester meet in June?

:)

i've been away for a bit but always up for an away day, where is it and when?

Glad ur ok this week too, just shows its nothing to worry about as long as you haven't been really swaying from the rules too badly x x x

Theres gonna be a meet at the Trafford Centre, outskirts of Manchester in June. I'll try and find the thread and post it to ya love

Cheers Claire x x x

Back