• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kings College assessment

Muizenberg

Can't believe that the date has finally arrived for my assessment at KCH tomorrow to meet the surgeon , Avril Chang to discuss surgery options. Quite nervous despite having researched about the sleeve.

Ooooh, congratulations! Mine's in feb at KCH. Do let us know what happens. I'm curious to know what happens next!

Will do. Thanks

I had my "sleeve" done at KCH with Dr Chang. I found KCH to be very good. Dr Chang is a very experienced Bariatric surgeon - best of luck!

Appointment went really well and Dr Chang answered all my questions and met Jan, Bariatric nurse. Both felt the sleeve was the best option due to my tendency for large portions. Signed the consent form and officially on the waiting list. Discussed waiting times and time frame is 12 - 15 months but felt good canididate for outsourcing to another hospital as have no co-morbiities.

Need to contact Jan in 12 months if had no news. Now even more determined to try and lose some more weight before then and picked up two Biggest Losers dvds in Poundland enroute home.

Brilliant news,ur in very safe hands,I had my band done their and couldn't fault them at all,I LOVE that hospital,they saved my life xx

Thanks Traceyt84. You've done really well. I know the waiting time is long but hey didn't get to this size overnight .

Back