• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last supper

Paula Garner

Just thought I'd ask out of interest really. Did any of you go for a last meal at your favourite restaurant, or had your favourite food, before starting your pre op diets ?

If you did what did you have ? And how did it make you feel ?

My op was booked on the Saturday and I had it the next Sunday - much to my amazement I did not spend the week cramming in as much junk as possible thinking that I wont be able to have it again...I had actually spent the whole last year doing it while I was on the waiting list! That week I just felt content and that included my belly. The night before I had a full fat coke and a cheese board - very odd choice and I have no idea why I chose that rather than cake, crisps and chocolate!
Good luck and I hope you enjoy what ever you have xx

i had a chinese, yummy! lol xxx

I took my three good friends out for a meal. Subconsciously or not I had been making better choices & smaller portions since I went to GP in Jan. I really love goats cheese which I had as a starter and then a fish dish. Two glasses of wine( usually its two bottles)
So far not had any yearnings to eat out since op xx

Went to TGIFriday and had a massive burger, cocktail and sundae :) it brought home the fact I would never again be able to have such a massive meal again. And it made me feel free lol

Fish & chips & I thoroughly enjoyed it with a bottle of good red wine. Now on't even want to try it. Bizarre!

I had a last supper with friends and a last supper at home of Chatsworth house fillet steak with homemade stilton, cream and bacon sauce, creamy mash and steam veg - the week before I started pre op diet I had every take out under the sun too! - wouldn't dream if eating it now!

Back