• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Legoland and Psychologists!

WitchInWorthing

Hiya ... well, my legs have just about recovered from Legoland - I had no idea it was so hilly - up and down and up and down from arriving at 9am to leaving the park at 8pm pushing 5 year old twins (who were feeling quite lazy it seemed) in a hired double buggy while also loaded with the food and drink (4 litres of water) and all the swimming gear and changes of clothing for the water rides!

There was only one ride we went on where I thought my girth was going to defeat them (the duplo helicopter up and downy thing) but fortunately the ride only lasted about 90 seconds so I was able to hold my breath and suck my stomach in for the duration. The way the metal bar cut into my folds of flab reminded me of the turtles that get stuck in the plastic rings from cans ... I had visions of some BBC TV documentary crew having to cut me loose and release me back into the wild.....

Food wise I am, again, a wee bit chuffed with myself - I did not succumb to the temptations of fried and sugared stuff, sticking with my sliced chicken, cream cheese bagel, high protein yogurt and litres of water. The kids had an icecream (£6.50 for two single scoops!!!!) and when Morticia declared that she didn't like hers, I managed to put it in the bin rather than my stomach which is what would normally have happened (especially as it was £6.50 for two - did I mention that?), so that was victory no 1 and then on the drive home we stopped at a McD as the kids were getting tired and hungry and I got them their food and a bottle of water for me .... and waited till I was hope to have a small frozen thin crust ham and mushroom pizza. Normally I would have easily polished off a couple of quarter cheeseburgers, large fries, sprite, cheese sticks and possibly a mcflurry, not to mention any scraps the kids left. And to do this on a day out, a treat day when the rules are meant to be left at home .... I am not actually sure how I did it ... I just did it and didn't think about it much...

I am not pretending that I have changed in two weeks ... I am just doing well at the moment!

And then it was time to meet the lovely Michelle on Friday. I took the advice on here and blew my own trumpet a bit about my unexpected victories and also not having any diet fizzy drinks for two weeks (pre the wls path I was on 10 litres a week of diet cola and lemonade). Michelle was so great about it all, very positive with constructive suggestions and a good sense of humour too (I know my humour can take some getting used to) ... I think she and I are going to get on ok - I feel I can trust her and she really seems to want me to succeed which makes me think I can succeed.

She is calling me in two weeks and seeing me again two weeks after that... and then we will see what happens next....

Anyway, sorry for the long and waffly post ... I was so touched when people were asking how it all went last week - even though I have only been on this forum for just over a week it feels like I have real connections and friends on here and already you have all helped me so much more than you can know!

Here's to Monday! )0( xxx

Your child is called Morticia? That is an awesome name!!! You sound like you're getting on really well :) Congratulations! Keep it up :)

thanks, yes I have a Morticia Rose and a Morgana Fey - named after witches - keeping it in the family and all that! Some people love the names, some people hate them, but they never forget them!!! xxx

Well done witch :) you are doing so well in recognising the changes that you need to make to be a healthier you and it makes perfect sense to make those changes now right at the beginning. Making the right choices does gets easier as you go on though. They did for me anyway. Okay I will maybe get a yen for something nice & naughty but it is usually a fleeting whim now. If it persists I aim to find something equally nice but just not as naughty :) .. It's usually the gherkin jar I reach for :eek:
As for throwing away a £6.50 cone... You deserve a medal for that one hun :D

Cool, sister xx

It looks like it's all going swimmingly. That's what we're here for hun - and I hope very soon you'll have your op done (pants or no pants), and be sharing your experience. The only way to change our life is to change our mind - and get re-plumbed!

Femfrankie - the gherkin jar! Lol!! Confession time - four weeks of pre-op soups, two weeks directly before that on ABs which destroyed my tastebuds, and 10 days directly before the ABs off my meds for acid-reflux (due to clearing my stomach for test for bacteria resulting in the ABs) so eating was very cautious. Therefore best part of 2 months without normal foods ... I did reach for one little gherkin on week two of the pre-op diet. So could have been a doughnut or a slab of Dairy Milk - but it wasn't!!

So pleased you had a great day out and fantastic that you were so controlled to throw away that expensive icecream you seem to be in the groove right now go girl.
i am also pleased that you have madea connection with your psychologist to succeed you need plenty of backup as you will have down days but you now can reach out for help so be proud of yourself you will get there to a new you sooner than you think

Back