• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing The Plot...

Mrs Quiggle

I feel like I'm so losing the plot lately. I'm so near to goal, yet I've stopped losing and started nibbling. I'm not putting any weight on but do still have 2 stone to lose, or maybe 1.5 stone if you take into account the lose skin. Has anyone else found this too at this stage. Think I need to start some excersise (havn't done any yet, yes I know!) wonder if this will kick start losing again. Def need to start looking at what I'm eating and write it all down for a bit. Sorry to be a damp squid :(

I don't really know as I'm still post op, but exercise is always good.
I've just been recommended that I get a kettle bell as its great for working out all different muscles (most of which I'd never even heard of!), apparently they isn't about £10 and are readily available from tescos etc
Em xxx

Hiya - Ive been recommended to do toning exercises (my main one will be swimming) but also exercises that build muscle (not weight lifter muscle but general toning muscles). Muscles burn energy faster than fat so should assist with later stages of weight loss. All still a theory for me of course as it is early doors! I have purchased some stretchy bands to do resistance exercises with though as I have lots to loose and will need do to something to combat that skin!! T xxx

I'd never have shifted that last stone or two of mine without cardio! Ended up at peak running everyday just to get done! But it worked so dig out those trainers as you'll be lucky to move it otherwise x

I've dabbled with exercise & not done well on that area of working towards my target. Far to easy to use the same old excuses & I need to focus more on that side of life of only to build stamina & tone some of the wobbly bits. I am like you within a stone or two of the minimum target I set myself & the mid range for my healthy height/weight/bmi ratio. In some ways the dietitians comment not to become obsessed about targets, & to focus on how well I have done so far having lost 93% of my excess weight. But like you that seems to have triggered the old self sabotage habits of nibbling rather than staying focussed. So I've gone back to my bible the emotional first aid kit for bypass surgery to re-focus myself & if I can reach at least the upper end target, accepting I may never reach a lower one without the aid of plastic surgery. To rid my self of 100% of my excess weight I'd have to hit 9st 2lbs which I think would mean I no longer look healthy, so somewhere under the upper end of healthy weight & bmi of 10st 7lbs-10lbs would be great I'm currently around 11st 5lbs so close but not quite there yet.
All I can say to finish is well done so far & good luck on beating the nibbles & exercise demons perhaps well both gain strength from each other & those who have reached that healthy target & manage to hit our own targets soon be they our original ones or a more moderate & realistic new one giving us a top end healthy bmi & weight for us.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm so close and yet so far away too. Am exercising and going to Slimming World but loss is very slow. I'm comfort eating a bit too as lifes full of sh.. at the moment. I really want to be BMI 25 or under and ( I've only just realised this) long to be a proper size 12.
I think it might take me another year and I just have to accept that !

Back