• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lovin the NSV's

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
OMG!

I am going away at the weekend with the girls, first time since the op. I will be ten weeks out so wont be overdoing it just want to feel human again.... cant wait n feel so good right now

I went shopping today for clothes as I literally have nothing left....... was looking for a pair of jeans. Took into the changing room a size 20 (was squeezin my butt into a 20/22 pre op, I knew they may be big but head aint caught up!), then I picked up an 18 (maybe thought these would be more appropriate). Trotted off to changing room with goods in hand.

Put n the 20 - whoa, too big
Tried the 18 - baggy, esp round the hips

So I went out and thought get the 16, I did and picked uyp the 14 as well for a laugh.

Went back to chaning room, out in the 16, comfortable with a bit of room, no digging in, didnt even have to breath in to fasten them! whoop! over the moon is an understatement

So finally, tried on the 14, OMG they only went and fit...... yes I had to breath in a bit, yes I had a muffin top but I got them on and zipped!!!

I stood there staring at myself with the most ridiculous grin on my face! No-one but those who have been through weight loss of any kind can understand how this feels. Feel in too of the world!

So my parting shot is, even though you may not be losing masses of weight (like me), the inches do come off. Bring on the weekend....... feeling alive :D

Fab isn't it, I'm waiting for my first pair of size 14's to arrive I was up and down all day waiting for postie lol as my 16's are getting baggy

Fantastic NSV Joanne. Well done :)
got to laugh at you trying on the largest size .. I did this when looking for a rain mac on Sunday. I picked up an XL to try on first why I really don't know but I do struggle with S M L sizes as they are so non discript. Any how it wasn't surprising that it didn't fit as the arms where about six inches too long and it was like a tent on. It was huge! Much to my OH disgust I tried every size down until I got to the medium and then decided nah I didn't want that one as the size 14 along a bit was so much nicer!... It was also much dearer hehe x

Brilliant Joanne, such a good feeling. I too had to pick up a few items of clothing at the weekend. Everything I took into the fitting room fitted and I stood there grinning to myself like a feel git!! I told my husband that it's brilliant being thinner and his response was 'yes it's fabulous isn't it'. X

Thanks all, when someone has struggled all their life with their weight, it is totally unbelieveable to try clothes you never thought you could wear..... i practically got thrown out of the shop lol as it was closing!

Had to prise myself out the changing rooms, I was like a woman possessed pmsl....... i was just grabbin stuff off the rails just for the hell of it! oh the joys of shoppin, i think my shoppin trips are gonna be a whole lot more fun in future xx

P.S. Still grinning like an idiot! and I might even leave the tags hanging out at the weekend instead of hiding them like i used to lol whoop! xx

I'm a year out from my surgery and still struggle with sizes ... I automatically head for the biggest sizes and am always surprised when they are far too big!

I haves been doing a LOT of shopping lately because by the time I cleared out everything in my wardrobe that didn't fit, I was literally left with a pair of trackies and some baggy t-shirts. Luckily for me, there have been plenty of sales. :)

Back