• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low carb low fat pre op diet?

kirstyjade

Did anyone do the low fat low carb pre op diet? How much weight did you lose? Is the weight loss as good as the milk diet? I thought I would be doing milk diet but iv been given my pre op diet and its low fat low carb one

Hi Kirstyjade, I was on low carb, low fat with a limited amount of protein which added up to about 800 cals per day. I was supposed to be on that diet for two weeks but due to illness surgery was delayed for a month so I decided to stay on the diet for the full six weeks.My wife who has not had surgery joined me on the pre op diet, she still has two boiled eggs for breakfast five months later. She lost over a stone in the six weeks and I lost two stone in the six weeks.I have now lost just over five stone since starting the diet on Jan 21st, this is purely down to low fat, low carb as I have no restriction in my band yet. The idea of the pre op is to reduce the size of your liver and not necessarily to lose weight but if you stick to the diet the chances are that you will have good losses, Good luck x

Hello, I'm on day 4 of the low cal diet and I must say I'm glad I'm not on the milk one! Am consuming approx 700 cals a day and in 4 days I have lost 4lbs. It's not been easy but I'm looking at it as training for when my band is fitted! I'm eating a lot of sugar free jelly, which is getting me through the hunger. Had a headache day 2 and 3 but am over that now. Good luck with yours x :)

Did anyone do the low fat low carb pre op diet? How much weight did you lose? Is the weight loss as good as the milk diet? I thought I would be doing milk diet but iv been given my pre op diet and its low fat low carb one

I did that one and only had a week's notice for my surgery so i was only on it for 8 days and I lost about 10lbs. Good luck with yours xx

Back