• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low fat, low carb amounts - help please

slimmerkay

Can someone please help me? I have been sticking to what I think is a low carb/low fat diet for a week now and have lost 4lb :D

Yeah that is great but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I've cut out bread completely but am having ryveta and an odd bit of potato in my soup recipes here and there. What I need to know is, does anyone know how low fat and carbs daily allowance should be to lose weight?

Thanks in advance :)

hmmm im not sure hunni, with the bread thing thats what im doing, i think really as for potatoes and pasta people cut them out completly as there s carbs in EVERYTHING even in bloody drinks!! its hard going hey as im a real carb lover xx

Hi theres a free website its called myfitnesspal.com it will ask u questions and give u the right amount of everything you need. You can then lower the carbs and up the protien and keep a track of it all........its very good i use it to keep track of my bits and pieces.

Hi theres a free website its called myfitnesspal.com it will ask u questions and give u the right amount of everything you need. You can then lower the carbs and up the protien and keep a track of it all........its very good i use it to keep track of my bits and pieces.

Great hun thanks for that :)

Nadine - can I also ask where you had surgery? Mr Agwunobi is listed as a consultant at the Alexandra in Cheadle along with Mr Ammori but I've been referred to Mr Ammori.

yep i had my surgery at the Alexandra, Mr Ammori is supposed to be the best but i would contest that and say it was Mr Agwunobi but they are both great surgeons.

That's good to know. How long were you in for?

You've done brilliant by the way - well done.

And that site is great. I didn't realise there were so many carbs in a banana :eek:

my dietician told me i could have
1 jacket pot to fit in my palm with fingers wrapped round
2 icecream scoops size of mash
4 small new pots
2 roast pots fry light style.

1 slice of bread

40 strands of spaghetti
2 tbsp of pasta about 10 shells

mox of 5 eggs a week but max 2 at a time

1 1/2 oz of cheese at a time

and although we should eat 5 lots of fruit and veg no more than 2 pieces of fruit a day .

That's good to know. How long were you in for?

You've done brilliant by the way - well done.

And that site is great. I didn't realise there were so many carbs in a banana :eek:

I was in 2 nights because my temperature kept going really high and my pulse was around 120 bpm. but some peeps get to go home the next day.
Its a good place, very helpful x

That site is fab.

Just put in what I have eaten/will eat today and at the end of the day I will have:

EDITED
303 cals still to eat;
55g carbs left;
Have 8g of fat to use;
And will have eaten 29g MORE protein than needed.

My question now is, how do I get the last 303 calories with little carbs or fat? :sigh:

I am so shocked :eek: at the amount of carbs in fruit. And here was me thinking I was a seasoned dieter.

Last edited:
That site is fab.

Just put in what I have eaten/will eat today and at the end of the day I will have:

EDITED
303 cals still to eat;
55g carbs left;
Have 8g of fat to use;
And will have eaten 29g MORE protein than needed.

My question now is, how do I get the last 303 calories with little carbs or fat? :sigh:

I am so shocked :eek: at the amount of carbs in fruit. And here was me thinking I was a seasoned dieter.

lean meat xxx

erm not that I'm an expert...but on my milk diet I've been told to eat between 3 and 4 pieces of fruit, including a banana, orange or grapes.

I think some carbs are better than others. It's more refined foods we should be tying to avoid?

the fitmess pal site is brill thx lots of beef xx

Back