• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2015 Surgeries

Hi Aud you are doing really well. I hope you meet your target because 5 stone since januAry is great. How are you finding the food? I've another 2 weeks before normal eating and I can't wAit to chew something! I've lost 2st 7lbs in the last 6 weeks. I know it's slow compared to some people but I'm happy. My body is changing my face has gone in and I feel better than I have in years. I haven't started any exercise yet and I really need to. I hope you have a good week.

You're doing fantastic Gill, food wise I have fits and starts I don't fancy a lot of things now and smells put me off food ( like my favourite candle ) but I have been cleared to try anything. I've definitely got more energy too!

Onwards and downwards xx

Hi all,
How are we all doing?

I had my 1st band fill yesterday under X-ray(no fill at initial surgery)...had 3 mls put in but doc thought this looked to tight so removed some & I have 2.5mls in now.

Hoping to get some restriction as my appetite was increasing & my weight plateaued at 22lbs in almost 6wks post band op.

Struggled with just fluids today & have sucked haribo jellies!lol.

Hope you are all doing well & enjoying the heat :)

Hi Flirty glad to hear your doing ok. You've done well to loose so much weight without a fill. I started my normal diet last weds and it couldn't of come soon enough. I have a sleeve and since I've started eating proper food the restriction has been good. My favourite food at the moment is cottage cheese I eat so much of it. Let us know how your fill goes.

To be honest I'm scared to eat. I've been having lots of baked potatoes, cottage cheese etc. are you on solids yet? I try to stick to between 800 and 1000 calories. My problem is I'm always burping at work I have to try and eat on my own. How are you getting on?

Hi Guys, I am a July 2015 surgery, how are you all getting on?

I have my op in 12 days, so getting excited.

Hi Guys, I am a July 2015 surgery, how are you all getting on? I have my op in 12 days, so getting excited.

Hi excited - nearly there! I'm 8 weeks post op now and feel really well. My main aim for surgery was my health and I can certainly say what a great improvement I've seen already!

Good luck for your op and I'll keep a look out to see how you're doing!

Aud xx

Good on you blonde!

Hi guys great to see everyone's updates - can't believe how fast the time has flown in !!
I was 8 weeks out on Thursday there !

Feeling on top of the world atm enjoying life again and setting myself small goals every month that aren't related to the scales going down keeps me motivated

Attachments

• image-3861412428.jpg
    image-3861412428.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 27
Hi JJ your looking great what an a difference in only 8 weeks. Today I easily got into a pair of size 18 trousers. I was so happy I did a silent scream in the dressing room!

Hi JJ your looking great what an a difference in only 8 weeks. Today I easily got into a pair of size 18 trousers. I was so happy I did a silent scream in the dressing room!

Thanks Gill :) it's such a great feeling have a small victory ?well done you !!! If have been doing my victory dance if I were you hehe !

Xxx

Hi guys great to see everyone's updates - can't believe how fast the time has flown in !! I was 8 weeks out on Thursday there ! Feeling on top of the world atm enjoying life again and setting myself small goals every month that aren't related to the scales going down keeps me motivated

Looking really good there JJ. Amazing what can be achieved in 8 weeks. Well done hun. X

Looking really good there JJ. Amazing what can be achieved in 8 weeks. Well done hun. X

Thanks weegie ! :)
Feeling so much more confident in myself and the scales are still moving Eeeek!

How are you getting on lovie xxx

Thanks weegie ! :) Feeling so much more confident in myself and the scales are still moving Eeeek! How are you getting on lovie xxx

I am fine, have been a bit fed up because my mobility is rubbish due to needing a hip replacement. Food wise OK but my mind seems to go blank on choices lol I am past the puree stage and now on soft mashed etc. It's weird, I think about food much more than pre op but nothing seems to grab me. I can eat quite a lot as well compared to others so not sure what thats about. I easily have 1000 cals a day now, was hoping it would reduce with more solid food.

I am fine, have been a bit fed up because my mobility is rubbish due to needing a hip replacement. Food wise OK but my mind seems to go blank on choices lol I am past the puree stage and now on soft mashed etc. It's weird, I think about food much more than pre op but nothing seems to grab me. I can eat quite a lot as well compared to others so not sure what thats about. I easily have 1000 cals a day now, was hoping it would reduce with more solid food.
That's a shame :( hopefully your hip replacement comes soon ! Get you mobile ;) x
I hated that phase the not finding anything appealing I'm getting better now - m&s do lovely wee picnic things and they are tasty and great sizes ! I justify the price as I would have spent the same on a big meal for me lol !
I'm on around 800-1000 a day and it feels a lot even food wise I feel like I'm eating a lot but obviously I'm not lol ! Xxx

To be honest I'm scared to eat. I've been having lots of baked potatoes, cottage cheese etc. are you on solids yet? I try to stick to between 800 and 1000 calories. My problem is I'm always burping at work I have to try and eat on my own. How are you getting on?

I'm fine Hun, like you I'm burping after eating. Yea I'm on solids but being very careful about what I eat. I'm eating lots of protein not a lot of carbs and veg. I have a protein shake here and there and sometimes a protein bar.

You sound like your doing well

That's a shame :( hopefully your hip replacement comes soon ! Get you mobile ;) x I hated that phase the not finding anything appealing I'm getting better now - m&s do lovely wee picnic things and they are tasty and great sizes ! I justify the price as I would have spent the same on a big meal for me lol ! I'm on around 800-1000 a day and it feels a lot even food wise I feel like I'm eating a lot but obviously I'm not lol ! Xxx

Thanks JJ I must check out M&S, will be popping into Silverburn tomorrow. :)

Hey guys,

Not posted for ages.

How's everyone doing?

I had my second fill in 1.25ml last week bringing me up to 3.25ml however still not feeling any restriction.

In total including LSD I've lost 2 stone 1lb, although I'm trying not to obsess I can't help feeling a little dejected.

Got another fill on 18th Aug, praying this will be the one xx

Hi flip flop,
Well done on the weight loss.

I've had one fill so far of 2.75mls & have another booked in for 19th August...not feeling a great deal of restriction so hoping my next fill will make a difference.
I've lost 25lbs since the day of my op 23rd may as didn't do the LSD.

On holidays next week so can't imagine I will loose anything whilst enjoying the all inclusive delights of Ibiza!lol.

Hello
how is everyone?
Well done Flirty and Flip flop on your weight loss. I've lost 3st 8lb since op. I'm just worried as I don't feel the restriction u should and I still feel hungry. My weight over the last 2 weeks has stayed the same. I've started exercising and I feel great but I would like to loose another 3stone.

It sounds like I'm moaning but I'm not. I'm wearing clothes I've not worn in yeArs and when I look in the mirror I like what I see which I haven't done in yeArs.

How are you all doing. I think maybe we should start posting some 'nearly' after pictures - me included!

Have a good day everyone.

Back