• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Medic alert bracelet etc.

shelleymarie

I was just curious, should you carry information on you, for example in the form of a medic alert bracelet that you have had wls? (in my case a bypass) in case of an emergency? I not sure if it would be something that paramedics might need to know?

hmm interesting question. im still supposed to get mine for the stuff im alergic too. but keep putting it off. really intrigued to see what people say here xx

after weightloss surgery if we were to have an emergency op and a tube was put down our throats...without them knowing we have had a bypass our pouches could be damaged... but ifthe knew then they can do it more carefully.. we also cant have nsaids.. so it could be good to have a little card just saying so... i have a note in my small diary which i carry in my bag all the time. x the medicale bracelets are a lot of money though... i paid for one a few years back and it was engraved with the meds i was on.. then 3 weeks after i got it..my meds changed...£15 down the drain lol x

I have asked my consultant and he is fine with Nsaids, he would prescribe it with a protection for my stomach.

jjsreal said:
Rayne what is nsaids ? x

NSAID's are anti inflammatory medications. Some of the most popular ones are listed below :)

diclofenac
ibuprofen
naproxen
celecoxib
mefenamic acid
etoricoxib
indometacin

It's a really good idea getting a bracelet or card, I'll definitely do it, think I should anyway because I'm allergic to some anti-biotics

Oh that is good to know. I'm allergic to 3 types of antibiotics too so I should get one or at least a card for my purse, been meaning too for years. Thanks everyone :) x

i cant take nsaids anyway but i allergic to trimethaprim (antibiotic) caused severe anaphylaxis, thought i was going to die :( but still aint clever enough to get epi pen or bracelet lol.

Back