• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mood swings post-op

kellbells

Hi there,

Some of you already know I've been struggling a bit after my band 10 days ago. I picked up in myself the past few days but I appear to be having horrible mood swings. I almost feel menstrual?? (which I'm not yet). One minute I'm fine, then very angry, then tearful and all for no apparent reason?

My pain has nearly gone (although today has been uncomfortable), I've got a very loving and supportive family, the sun is shining and I'm losing weight. So apart from being sick to death with the liquid diet, why do I feel like this?

These sorts of feelings I once dealt with using food/chocolate. Now I can't, which is good.....in some ways, so what do I 'use'?
Just wanna go to sleep and wake up slim and able to eat proper food again :-(

I think it's all part of the process of wls. I was and sometimes still feel like you weeks down the line. Like u said; before the op we would turn to food and now we can't. It does get better hang in there! :) just think soon you will be getting loads of comments about the weight you've lost and that will give u a huge boost x

Hi im 17 days post band ive was so happy in myself 1st 2wk happy is a big statement for me i was convinced surgeon had transplanted my brain, 2nd week the moods kicked in arguing with hubby ect admittidley i was due totm day 15 and it came as normal and now, im trying to make up 4 being nasty week 2 ect very tearful and super sensitive dunno if op or totm.

Me too! I've been doing housework like mad for two days which isn't like me at all! I'm liking this hormone!!!!

Glad your feeling better x

Back