• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

More Questions?

Perissa

I know I'm repeating myself but just in case someone new reads this!

I am seeing the consultant for the first time tomorrow and am compiling a list of questions. I thought I'd ask the questions here too.

How long was it before you could drive?

How long before you went back to work?

Did you have your gall bladder removed?

Hiya

Was about 2 weeks for me.... your not insured to drive after a op for two weeks anyway....

I went back to work about 2-3 weeks after

My gall bladder was already removed.....

You could ask how long you would be in hospital. I know after reading the forum I would want to know the chances that it would not work. If your having banding how often would you get the refills. If bypass does it last forever ie can you stomach just stretch again. What happens to the bit of stomach that they bypass will it shrivel up....sorry I have my nosey head on this morning....lol...Linda

How long was it before you could drive?

I waited just under 2 weeks. All insurers are different, I called mine and was told I was still insured unless my consultant said otherwise.

How long before you went back to work?

2 1/2 weeks for me. It depends on the physicallity of your job etc though and how you feel. Your surgeon/GP will guide you.

Did you have your gall bladder removed?

Nope.

I could drive after 2 weeks and went back to work then too. everyone is different and i probably could have done with more time off but i was so desperate to prove to people i was ok i did rush. my advice is play it by how you feel and take as much time as you need. (you can see i don't follow my own advice eh!!) x

Back