• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mr restriction has arrived home today!

BandyEmm

Feeling much more restricted today, So fat this is what ive had!

Brekkie: de-caff coffee, skimmed milk, no sugar

Lunch: an inch of a banana :D

Dinner: literally 4 small tea spoons of mash, green beans and a teeny bit of chicken casserolechicken

Snack: 2 slices of mild chedder cheese

phooorrrrrr, ello Mr Restriction :eek:

Hi Emma , Nice to hear u have got restriction hun, but from what u have told me u have eaten doesnt seem alot babe. Sorry dont mean to dishearten u but as a fellow bander thats very minimal calorific wise...... Julie xxx

hey huni, i know its nor much, knowing my luck he will sod back off tommorrow lol
Am going to have some ham and cheese and will also try soem cereal later or something,

hope yoru doing ok xx

Em can I ask a question? On the days when you do not feel the same kind of restriction what is your intake like. Some people seem to have varying restriction and I am just trying to understand it all.

Thanks

tranquil x

Its brill isint it, my restriction only arrived last sat on my 3rd fill, and i,m only now starting to believe that this will work for my, well chuffed

Em can I ask a question? On the days when you do not feel the same kind of restriction what is your intake like. Some people seem to have varying restriction and I am just trying to understand it all.

Hello ,

Hope u dont mind me adding something, there are days when I could quite easily go without food all day if I wanted too due too not feeling hunger like I used too, but its imperritive that I make sure I still have the 3 small meals a day & fluids because,firstly thats not very sensible to go without any nourishment at all and 2ndly because if we didnt eat properly our bodies would go into starvation mode and probably would gain weight rather then lose weight and we may get other health related issues through not eating properly. I understand its difficult when u dont feel the hunger, but once u have adjusted your eating habits its a matter of routine really. HTH TB - All the best - Julie xx

Hello ,

Hope u dont mind me adding something, there are days when I could quite easily go without food all day if I wanted too due too not feeling hunger like I used too, but its imperritive that I make sure I still have the 3 small meals a day & fluids because,firstly thats not very sensible to go without any nourishment at all and 2ndly because if we didnt eat properly our bodies would go into starvation mode and probably would gain weight rather then lose weight and we may get other health related issues through not eating properly. I understand its difficult when u dont feel the hunger, but once u have adjusted your eating habits its a matter of routine really. HTH TB - All the best - Julie xx

I agree with you totally Julie and I am getting into the habit of establishing a routine of eating 3 times a day. Even on liquids I try to span the soups/ shakes so I have that routine. I will admit that so far I have not suffered any hunger pangs which has surprised me. At first I put it down to all the trauma from the op. Now - things really do feel different. It might change once I get into regular eating but I am ready for that and if I do want to snack I know it has got to be a healthy one and not the stuff I used to eat before. Thanks for the input Julie it is really useful and all helps:).

tranquil x

Hi Emm,

You really are not eating enough sweetie.

Skipping breakfast is the very worst thing you can do, as this will only make your metabolism work wrong.

You need to have something in the morning to kick start your body. Even if it just a yoghurt or slimfast (as these have nutrients your body needs and a cup of coffee does not)

You really need to get your head around getting the right nutrients in your body and keeping your calorie levels up.

Even on The Biggest Loser the other day, a couple had been told to eat 1200 calories a day and thought they might do better if they ate less. The trainers had a right go at them for not consuming enough and told them their bodies would enter starvation mode and prevent them from losing fat. They were told in no certain term that their bodies would be eaten alive and they would lose muscle.

So it's really important you focus on getting better amounts of calories in. If you cannot eat larger portions, try foods with slightly higher calories and see how you go.

Its not all about restriction, its about how you treat your body too.

Look after yourself Emm and try and up the intake.
;)

Hi Emm, me again, went on my fitness pal and worked out roughly what you ate...

Your TOTAL calories so far 530 - should be double this minimum.

16 grams of protein - should be about 60-80g

You are doing harm to yourself eating like this.

Maybe your band is too tight, as most people can eat more than this with a band.

I am concerned about you and I think you need to see your team again and explain honestly what level of intake you have.

hey Caz, i know today is a real bad day intake wise, i just really dont know whats going on. Normally do better, ,aybe its just a off day. Just really dotn feel hungry today, I think id be more concerned if it was like this every day. or if i was constantly being hungry.

I will find that inbetween line i promise xxx

doing really well today,

Brekkie: 1 weetabix with skimmed milk

Lunch, Cheese & ham small salad :)

Dinner: undecided yet!

Back