• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My brain is a little behind my body

WeightyPrincess

Six Month Post Op
I was sleeved in August and have lost 5 stone now. Have a further 3 to go to make my goal weight and for the first time ever it actually feels I will get there!

I have dropped almost three dress sizes 22/20 to 18/14 and despite being a bit 'top heavy' am starting to see the change for myself and am really pleased. Until recently other people were commenting but I could not really see the difference - as usual I am being far too hard on myself.

Over the last few weeks I have been selling all of my too big clothes on eBay and this has been much harder than I ever imagined. I love some of those clothes and the memories that go with them and getting rid of them has been a major emotional milestone. On the positive side I have made lots of money and have been spending it on new clothes. Yey!

Going into a 'normal' shop and picking something off the rack that's not the largest size there is surprisingly daunting - sometimes I forget and end up draped in what would have been my old size. I am discovering new styles, fabrics and colours and learning what works for me all over again.

I am constantly amazed by my new body and how it's changed in such a short space of time. When I had the operation this was what I wanted however part of me always doubted that it would actually work. IT DOES! IT REALLY DOES!

It has been the biggest emotional roller-coaster. There are the good days when I slide a size 14 skirt easily over my hips, and the bad, where my clothes are too big and I feel out of control of the changes that are happening to my body. Seems so insignificant in the scheme of what has been achieved!

I would do it all again without a moments thought.

thats fantastic princess, thank you for sharing that :) i really cant wait until i have mine, may you continue to be happy and reach your goal :) xxx

Well done Princess ... nearly there, honey. This Christmas will be very different for you .. enjoy it to the max xxx :):)

This is brilliant! Well done you!
I've had a band recently but hope I can be posting a happy ending story like you in the near future. Well done again. Xx

Well dun :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you Princess. This has been one of the most exciting posts I've read yet. I am nearly one week post and already have managed to get in the next size down trousers (an inch borderline preop). To read your post takes away the surreality that it's going to happen for me and others on here.

Exciting stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back