• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My clothes are getting tight just need some encouragement to get going as so fed up.

emma-louise

my new life!!
It's happened again,I've not really noticed before now( or maybe I have and wanted to bury my head in the sand)..but I know I've gained weight again.
I won't use weighing scales,but all my clothes are feeling tighter and it's got me really upset this morning.
Why have I allowed this to happen again!
A while back I allowed this to happen and gained almost a stone,it was dr ammori telling me off that made me lose it again.
And it's crept up on me again..I was trying on my 12/14 jeans and they are rather tight,and I think my tops feel tighter too.
I've had a really bad few months,I've been a victim of anti social behaviour and it's gotten me down rather badly.
But the police have been great,and others that have helped me..
I've had to resort to meds so I could sleep,and it's been a nightmare living with these thugs.
My iron levels are still crap,I've been given an antidepressant as well as all regular meds it's a right struggle taking them all!
So I think I've been comfort eating again,as I've been in tears an awful lot due to no sleep and all the stress.
I'm so mad I've let this happen again!!
But I can't seem to organised and start to diet this weigh gain off.
It's so bloody hard,it's a real struggle now to keep the weight in control,I'm 4 yrs in sept and I never ever want to get big again.
I'm feeling so fed up with myself I just don't know where to start!

Firstly let me send yo a huge hug thru cyber space, cos i thinks ya need one :) Its amazing how we managed to let the action of others affect us so much, to the point of total destruction......... i too am guilty of this and probably the main reason i got into this mess in the first place. I know its easier said than done, but you really need to become the maker and breaker of your own world, and stop allowing others to take your power away, all this achieves is us hitting that self destruct button............ I really hope something gets done quickly to stop the low life affecting you life so much hunni :)

Ok so you've done all the hard work already, so maybe just a few steps to start which may kick start the motivation to get back on that weight loss wagon :) How about starting small 'just for today i wont eat x, y and z' and 'just for today i will do x,y and z'
I am a Reiki practitioner and find using things like the Reiki rules everyday stand me in good stead :) Ie one of the reiki rules is 'just for today i will not anger' Try writing out five rules you think you can stick to for the day.................. the first day will take some thinking about but by the time a week has passed it will become second nature and you could then push your 'rules' a little further :)

Just a few positive ideas to help motivate and get you back on the straight and narrow :) I'm positive once you start taking back your power, you will grow stronger and stronger daily x x x x

Hope not too preachy :) just from my heart x x x

hi you've done the right thing you have acknowledged that there is a problem so well done small steps first start by keeping a diary off everything you eat and drink over the next few day it may show you where you are going wrong and you can cut out or reduce that item try keeping busy then you might not comfort eat 2 try some exercise that will help burn off extra calories
good luck

Hi Emma. I am so sorry to hear of your problems. The advice to do a diary sounds a really good idea. I too am an emotional eater in times of stress and problems. What I want to say to you is you have been so strong in the past to get to where you are now. You were in control. However you are allowing these thugs to take the control from you. It is hard to change this around but use your inner strength that you obviously have and take that control back. They may upset you today or tomorrow but be strong and don't let them send you backwards. You have achieved so much honey. Take one day at a time, plan for achievement by setting your goals daily, be kind to yourself, and most of all remember they don't have control of what you eat. This is your life and you dictate what happens. You are in control. I really hope you manage to change things around. Good luck. <3

It's easily fixable! You've acknowledged that it's happened which is the main thing, and now you can do something about it.

It's time to take back control, be strong, and remember why you did this in the first place.

Let the police deal with those arseholes who are making your life a misery. Could you move house? Stay with friends for a while? Even just take a break for a few days to get away from it all.

Good luck hun, you got this far and you can do it.

Okay hon, just for now, start a food diary. Don't worry about changing anything, but write a for your eyes only food diary. Do this for a week. Then step 2 is to look through your food diary. Circle the things that you enjoyed, and ignore the things you either don't really remember or you felt bad for afterwards. Plan a day at a time for the next week, using the things you've circled. I think one of your biggest issues is that you've lost the pleasure of food, and I think maybe getting some of that back may help.

Ther other is grazing. I set myself a 3 meals 3 snacks challenge this week and I did it successfully. Lost 7lbs. Plate all meals and snacks, and if its not on your plate, don't eat it.

You've got what it takes lovely - you will do this.

Firstly let me send yo a huge hug thru cyber space, cos i thinks ya need one :) Its amazing how we managed to let the action of others affect us so much, to the point of total destruction......... i too am guilty of this and probably the main reason i got into this mess in the first place. I know its easier said than done, but you really need to become the maker and breaker of your own world, and stop allowing others to take your power away, all this achieves is us hitting that self destruct button............ I really hope something gets done quickly to stop the low life affecting you life so much hunni :) Ok so you've done all the hard work already, so maybe just a few steps to start which may kick start the motivation to get back on that weight loss wagon :) How about starting small 'just for today i wont eat x, y and z' and 'just for today i will do x,y and z' I am a Reiki practitioner and find using things like the Reiki rules everyday stand me in good stead :) Ie one of the reiki rules is 'just for today i will not anger' Try writing out five rules you think you can stick to for the day.................. the first day will take some thinking about but by the time a week has passed it will become second nature and you could then push your 'rules' a little further :) Just a few positive ideas to help motivate and get you back on the straight and narrow :) I'm positive once you start taking back your power, you will grow stronger and stronger daily x x x x Hope not too preachy :) just from my heart x x x

Not preachy at all!..your right I have let others get to me perhaps today I'm going to bury my head in a hobby!
At least I know when I'm doing something with my hands I don't pick with food.

Your right,I need to write down what I'm eating is I can see what I'm up too.I think a lot is me putting my hand in the kids biscuit barrel and eating a sneeky one here and there.
And sticking to 3 main meals!

Okay hon, just for now, start a food diary. Don't worry about changing anything, but write a for your eyes only food diary. Do this for a week. Then step 2 is to look through your food diary. Circle the things that you enjoyed, and ignore the things you either don't really remember or you felt bad for afterwards. Plan a day at a time for the next week, using the things you've circled. I think one of your biggest issues is that you've lost the pleasure of food, and I think maybe getting some of that back may help. Ther other is grazing. I set myself a 3 meals 3 snacks challenge this week and I did it successfully. Lost 7lbs. Plate all meals and snacks, and if its not on your plate, don't eat it. You've got what it takes lovely - you will do this.

Which slimming club do you do yvessa? How do you find following the diet?do you think you could have continued to loose the weight as you have without it.
I think one of my downfalls is needing a routine again of some sort.

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM EMMA LOUISE. my jeans are all tight but what were 18 need to be 20 now. Am struggling too. xx

Which slimming club do you do yvessa? How do you find following the diet?do you think you could have continued to loose the weight as you have without it. I think one of my downfalls is needing a routine again of some sort.

I do slimming world, but prioritize my protein still so I follow the half quarter quarter rule on my plate. I also cut down to 3 meals and 3 plated snacks. But I do love the diet because it's so adaptable, even my oh who's a fussy eater quite likes the meals I make.

Not in a million years could I have lost this much without it. And my bariatric team are happy with me using the plan. I go to class as well and that support has been invaluable. If I have a tough week I come out feeling determined.

It is expensive but free once you hit target and you decide your own target not them.

Oh I could have written this post...nearly 3 years post bypass and all was going great until Christmas. Always losing weight but then I hit a bump and have gained a stone! I know how it happened, I started having emotional issues and was feeling lonely...Id sit with a cup of tea and bar of chocolate, everyday! I would eat a bag of crisps for dinner as couldn't be bothered cooking for myself. I weighed myself for the first time in ages this week and learnt of my huge gain and it frightened me to death. Have definitely done much better this week, eating salads, fruit and veg etc but it's a constant battle. Due to other health issues I can't exercise very much but trying to walk each day.

It's been good reading all the replies as it's motivated me and given me ideas of how to gain control of the situation. Strange isn't it, when I had to order size 28 jeans online 3 years ago I would have given anything to fit into a size 14....now I am a 14 I still feel fat and unattractive!!! Never ending battle really!!

Oh I could have written this post...nearly 3 years post bypass and all was going great until Christmas. Always losing weight but then I hit a bump and have gained a stone! I know how it happened, I started having emotional issues and was feeling lonely...Id sit with a cup of tea and bar of chocolate, everyday! I would eat a bag of crisps for dinner as couldn't be bothered cooking for myself. I weighed myself for the first time in ages this week and learnt of my huge gain and it frightened me to death. Have definitely done much better this week, eating salads, fruit and veg etc but it's a constant battle. Due to other health issues I can't exercise very much but trying to walk each day. It's been good reading all the replies as it's motivated me and given me ideas of how to gain control of the situation. Strange isn't it, when I had to order size 28 jeans online 3 years ago I would have given anything to fit into a size 14....now I am a 14 I still feel fat and unattractive!!! Never ending battle really!!

Hi,
I'm glad you've taken back control...you'll get that stone off !!!
Keep intouch and let us know how your getting on...It might help me too!

Back