• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey Begins :-)

Mapoo

Ok the news is I've been ACCEPTED!!!!

I've had my Bloods taken!

Mr Ackroyd, was friendly and professional, managed to make him laugh, I told him I was interested in the Bypass. He does more Sleeves on people than the Bypasses but if I want a Bypass He would do it I can have one! Which is great.

My next question was: if I was your Son what would you like your Son to have. He replied 'Sleeve' every time!

I accepted the Sleeve I have 4 weeks to decide! He will do either but he suggested that the Bypass is mainly for Diabetics or Drinkers and he says I'm neither one of those.

He says I'll be going for preops in next 3 weeks and surgery will be in next 2 to 3 months, but once I've had preop he says it will come round very quickly.

Good luck whatever you decide

From a non diabetic,tee total bypasser

another non-diabetic tee totaller here that has been recommended the bypass!

Think my consultant recommends the sleeve for people who would struggle with dumping, for example people who drive for a job and it would be unsafe. Otherwise he recommends the bypass.

Good luck with making your decision! And congrats on getting funded!

I've not heard of a bypass been good for drinkers / diabetes so that's a new one on me I do have a drink post op but not a diabetic but it was only ever going to be a bypass as I felt a sleeve would allow me to keep my bad food habits and I wanted that to end and a bypass ensures that happens ( via dumping) but the decision is only for you to make

Congratulations :) I had my sleeve at the Northern last week. I said I wanted the sleeve in part because of existing bowel problems but also because I'm on life long none weight related medication and malabsorption would make managing my condition harder. No one mentioned drinking to me. It's interesting to hear his take on it through and I think asking him what he'd want his own child to have is an inspired way of getting to the heart of the matter :)

Well I love chocolate myself and sweeties but I'm more for Haribo jellys! But once it's done I don't think I'd be piling it in, I just soooo wanna be slim and wear nice clothes a complete new wardrobe... Look handsome and just feel better, attractive and accepted in the world. Cuz right now get ppl in society are just unattract and don't get a good word about them now! I'm thinking to go ahead with the doctors decision the sleeve! Bypass fast weight loss sounds good but it's if I get a risk...

I don't wanna be in a Box just yet!

I had a sleeve on 03/05 .....
I feel great and I'm now eating puree food after 4 weeks of liquid ...
The feeling of fullness after some mash and cottage cheese ...is amazing
I never felt this full after 4 cheese sarnies 3 bags of crisps and 2 cans of fizzy ...!!!!
Completely changed my life and I'm not missing any foods at the moment ...
Health wise I'm off my diabetic tablets and injections and my blood pressure tablets ...
And looking forward to clothes shopping xxx
Best thing I've ever done ....

I don't like cheese/butter/mash potato I'm gonna struggle big time so I've thought maybe eat the centre of a Baked Potato?

Still unsure about Sleeve or Bypass really unsure! I'm 23.3 and I'd hate to just drop to 16 stone I'd like to hit at least 12 stone

Is the sleeve best? Or is the Bypass the no.1 winner

Matthew xx

Also if anyone would like anymore support I setup a Facebook group which is getting popular each day! 70 members now it's called:

The Friendliest Gastric Sleeve/Bypass Group! UK

Your very welcome to join us all

Well had a phone call yesterday from Mr Ackroyds nurse Liz. My Bloods have come back and are OK but I have a severe Vitamin D & Calcium Deficiency... Quite a few ppl have thus problem she said!

Been told not to worry as it can be sorted by tablets... I mentioned I do take Centrum and Cod Liver Oil which both contain the supplement. Take CLO due to my Prolapsed Vertebrae Disc and Sciatica but rubbish really lol...

Anyway enough babbling on about that, she said those tablets are no good and I will be prescribed some very High Dosage ones which cannot be bought over a counter.

Now I read up Vitamin D is for Bones and Calcium for Teeth now it's send no wonder I'm in pain in my bones all the time and my teeth are so weak breaking all the time! Hopefully these fix me.

But she did say this will not Delay the operation... Which is good

Matthew x

You are on your way - fab and exciting ... Good luck . I've asked for bypass as I likecertainty

Good morning everyone! Well it's 12:12pm now lol but oh well...

Had a few naughty treats this week but tryin hard to get back on my cut downs! Just had Fruit Salad for breakfast. Apricot, Strawberries, Mango, Apple

It's so hard, as I feel like Eating a big Dinner! I feel Starving... I'm Dreading the LRD (liver reduce diet)

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi all, just thought I'd update you all... I had my Preop Monday. Which was Blood pressure results: little high due to weather maybe, ECG - my heart was good, lots and lots of questions - I don't need to see a psychiatrist ;) lastly my Bloods taken again. No phone calls about bloods so I take it the Vitamin D tablets and Calcium tablets are improving I guess :).

I've been told to Wait now for a phone call to start my pre diet or a letter and a date of surgery! Wow it all sounds like it's really happening now... Long time coming this has been. ;) Will let you know more soon!

Thanks, Matthew :)
*to be Sleeved*

Getting all too real now eh!!

Brilliant news :) The big day will be here before you know it!

4th July - My Surgery Date

Only the Best people get a date on 'Independence Day' eh? Haha
Joke xx

Starting my diet tomorrow Friday! Geez dreading that LRD diet.

Hurrah! It'll be here before you know it. I know some people struggle with the LRD but honestly I found it dead easy. It was simple and straightforward and I didn't have to even think about food and I also think it made it easier to adjust to eating so little after surgery too. Good luck x

I didn't find it as easy as Fee but I got used to it within a few days. I saw it as a means to an end, the two weeks flew by and although I'm only 5 weeks post surgery the LRD seems ages ago.

Back