• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My mum is nervous

clar01

I am decided on having the sleeve by Mr Patel in August this year, I have my consultation on 17th May.
My mum is very supportive, but recently she has been getting really nervous about it, and keeps saying that she is worried it wont work, as I eat even when I am hungry.
I have tried to explain to her that I physically wont be able to eat as my stomach will be tiny, but she cant seem to get her head around it.
Does anyone have any advice for how I deal with this. I was going to get her to watch some YouTube videos as she isnt much of a reader.
She cant come to the consultation with me as she is looking after my baby whilst me and my husband go.
She is helping me to pay for it, so I want to put her mind at rest.

I am decided on having the sleeve by Mr Patel in August this year, I have my consultation on 17th May.
My mum is very supportive, but recently she has been getting really nervous about it, and keeps saying that she is worried it wont work, as I eat even when I am hungry.
I have tried to explain to her that I physically wont be able to eat as my stomach will be tiny, but she cant seem to get her head around it.
Does anyone have any advice for how I deal with this. I was going to get her to watch some YouTube videos as she isnt much of a reader.
She cant come to the consultation with me as she is looking after my baby whilst me and my husband go.
She is helping me to pay for it, so I want to put her mind at rest.
show her some before and after pics, i showed my mum as shes paying for my surgery, and they blew her away!! xxx

my mum was more then me! mr patel did my band last week,he is brilliant,your in very saf e hands xx

more nervous* jeez its early xx

Its only natural for our parents to worry. My mum was all for my bypass at the beginning.. 3 years start to op... then about 6 weeks before op every time i mentioned it she changed the subject... then 2 weeks before op i rang her and said stop changing the subject... she just shouted down the phone... i dont want you to have it!!! and put the phone down... i was gutted!!
Then next day she apologised and just said she was worried... but she is so proud that i did have the op and she is seeing the results and sees how happy i am now. Your mum will come round.. she is just nervous... you are her baby after all xx

Last edited:
Thanks again girls! You are all so supportive, don't know what I would do without this forum!!

I think she is getting nervous, I'll defo show her some before and after pics, they amaze me!!

Good luck everyone and have a fab weekend

Xxxx

Thanks again girls! You are all so supportive, don't know what I would do without this forum!!

I think she is getting nervous, I'll defo show her some before and after pics, they amaze me!!

Good luck everyone and have a fab weekend

Xxxx
same here honey :) xxx

I don't have a mum any more but my adult kids varied in how nervous/worried/terrified they were for me. One was even negative. But afterwards they all agreed it was the best thing I'd done. So tell your mum it's normal to feel the way she does; you're her daughter and she's scared for you. Don't try and negate her feelings; acknowledge them, hug her and tell her you'll call her the minute you come round.

Back