• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Sis-in-law taken into hospital

slimmerkay

Not sure if this is in the right place or not :confused:

My sister in-law had a gastric band fitted last year. I think she's lost around 5 stone. Anyway she was rushed into hospital last night with awful pains and feeling dizzy. Turns out it's gallstones.

She's still there, they are keeping her in but not sure yet if they are operating or not. Actually she's still waiting to be put on a ward - since 3am this morning :eek:

Oh poor her. Gallstones are the most horrible pain imaginable. Please send my love. I hope she gets sorted out fast.

Charis I know - my friend from many years ago was slimmer of the year for WW. She lost 8 stone and she developed gallstones. She was in agony.

We're waiting to go visiting but until she's on a ward it will be very difficult.

Gallstones seem to be very common in people that lose weight, i wonder what happens. On the bypass ops i have been watching in USA the surgeons 9 times out of 10 remove the gallbladder at the same time.

oo noo hope she s sorted reallllly quick xxx

Hello

Sorry 2 hear ur sis in law isnt very well. This happened to me several occasions (even tho I was diagnosed on 1st visit as having gallstones) and after my 3rd bout of attacks I was placed on the waiting list for gallbladder removal and had attacks in between, glad I had the gallbladder out (done in sept 2009) now as I have since had banding done and would have defo had more trouble, I cannot fault the hospital at all they was marvelous and cant praise em enough. Hope she gets the pain meds she needs ( I was on on gas and air and morphine as well) tell not too suffer in silence. xx

All the best 2 ur family - MeJulie x x

My literature for the op says they will scan my gallbladder at the time they scan my liver and if there is evidence of gallstones they will remove my gallbladder during the op.

My surgeon said that gallstones are made up of solidifed cholesterol, so glad i had mine out 10 years ago xx

OMG they are so painful, here's hoping they don't make her wait too long for her op! Unfortunately i dont think it comes under the classification of emergency surgery, more than likely they'll tell her to watch her diet and put her on a waiting list. Let's hope it's a short list xxx

Just got back from visiting her. She looked just awful and was on drips, one for antibiotics and one for morphine.

She has pacreaitis (sp?) and gallstones. The docs said they have treat the pancreas first and get that inflammation down and she will probably have an op in about 2 months time.

Poor soul. Pancratitis makes you very poorly. I hope she recovers soon.

Sunderland prescribe drugs to stop the formation of gall stones if you have a by-pass. They sent me home with some...but I haven't got a gall bladder any more! Just another one of their clangers!

Just got back from visiting her. She looked just awful and was on drips, one for antibiotics and one for morphine.

She has pacreaitis (sp?) and gallstones. The docs said they have treat the pancreas first and get that inflammation down and she will probably have an op in about 2 months time.

Bless your sis in law as pancreatitis is extremley painful .....pancreatitis goes hand in hand with gallstones (or alcohol abuse as I know someone who has this many a times due to alcohol abuse) as ur sis in law has gallstones that would be the cause of it.....Hopefully they will tackle her inflammed pancreas and then move onto her gallstone issue a s a p . All the best for her .

Me Julie x x

They def won't deal with the gallstones till the pancreatitis is sorted. Only pain that matches gallstones is childbirth in my opinion, and i've experienced both. About 2 years after i found i had stones i had an awful attack that caused jaundice they took my gallbladder out, but i waited 4 months for the op then never felt better. I was very careful about what i ate once i worked out what caused me the pain! Hopefully she'll feel better soon and get that little rascal out!

Back