• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nausea and not eating much!

clar01

I am 13 weeks post bypass and for the last few weeks have been feeling really sick, occasionally heaving but not throwing up. Feels just like morning sickness (it's not)
It's now affecting what I eat as even when I think of food I feel sick!
Whatever I eat I really have to fancy or the sickness starts, and then of I do eat it's only tiny amounts, I'm even having to spit the last bit out as I can't swallow it!

Anyone had this?

Xx

I definitely had the thought of food making me feel sick, but there was never any actual heaving or up-chucking, and I ate ok. I wondered if it was because I'd been on liquids only for 6 weeks pre-op and then post op and "proper" food was then a re-adjustment. If you're worried, contact your bariatric team and ask their advice. Hope it sorts soon x

Hi,

I had this in the begining, and it is exactly like morning sickness, bloomin horrible, can i suggest that you see your g.p and ask for anti-sickness pills just to help you through the hardest part, i didnt get help straight away then about 6 months post op had the pills and really kick started me being able to eat little and often without the fear of feeling nauses for hours after a small snack.

I wish you well & please keep eating what your ment too even if you dont feel like it as you may get into a nasty cycle of not eating full stop xxx

We have a support group and the cons was saying that feeling sick means that the the signal us really strong so that's a good sign. She also mentioned some people needing anti sick drugs x

I have days when I feel really nauseous too, and it seems worse when I am thinking about eating the protein foods that I am trying to eat. Just the thought of chicken or fish at the moment is making me feel unwell. So I have taken to grazing on other things, I can usually manage a banana or yoghurt if I can't manage anything else. Are you still on a PPI? I find if I forget to take mine (I am 8+ weeks) the nausea is worse. My concern is that I can eat foods that are not that healthy, just to get some calories in.

clar01 said:
I am 13 weeks post bypass and for the last few weeks have been feeling really sick, occasionally heaving but not throwing up. Feels just like morning sickness (it's not)
It's now affecting what I eat as even when I think of food I feel sick!
Whatever I eat I really have to fancy or the sickness starts, and then of I do eat it's only tiny amounts, I'm even having to spit the last bit out as I can't swallow it!

Anyone had this?

Xx

I am six weeks post op and suffering, today I was terrible so rang my GP and have been prescribed some anti sickness meds. I am exactly as you are describing. Hopefully the meds will help, have a word with your GP. X

Lush121 said:
I have days when I feel really nauseous too, and it seems worse when I am thinking about eating the protein foods that I am trying to eat. Just the thought of chicken or fish at the moment is making me feel unwell. So I have taken to grazing on other things, I can usually manage a banana or yoghurt if I can't manage anything else. Are you still on a PPI? I find if I forget to take mine (I am 8+ weeks) the nausea is worse. My concern is that I can eat foods that are not that healthy, just to get some calories in.

I have been surviving off Quavers and Super Noodles!!!!

Back