• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not wanting to eat

clar01

Over the last few days I've had to force feed myself as i feel a little bit sick at the thought if food.

I really have to fancy something or it makes me feel nauseous or sometimes nothing will do. I was just making my lunch for work tomorrow and couldn't even bring myself to lick a bit of humous off the spoon!

I also have a bad pain, feels windy, but it gets so bad! Not sure of the pain is making me feel poorly?

I'm 7 weeks post op.

Any ideas? I'm newly milk intolerant too, makes me sick!

I had trouble with sickness for quite a long time,anti-sickness meds was prescibed for me and they helped a lot.
Due to the sickly feeling it put me off food and had to force it,as well as never feeling hungry.
I'm 2 yrs post op now,and I'm fine now,it's early days yet for you it will get better x

How long did u take the sickness meds for?
And did u have any milk probs?
It's nice to talk to someone so far out! How was your journey? Any probs? Xxxx

clar01 said:
How long did u take the sickness meds for?
And did u have any milk probs?
It's nice to talk to someone so far out! How was your journey? Any probs? Xxxx

No probs regarding milk at all,
The anti-sickness meds I probely took for the first year when needed.
If you feel you may have a problem get some of docs before you get a fear of eating due to to sickness.
Even smells of food cooking set me off!
My bypass has been fine,apart from wind/bloating which I suffer from but I've got to get that sorted.
I was a sz 26 and now a 12/14 Jean Sz 10/12 top.
So the bypass has done it's job for me x

I agree, go and get some anti sickness tablets. I still have days 11 months out when I can't eat anything and everything makes me feeel sick but I don't have them to often now. Just eat a little of what you fancy when you fancy it and hopefully the stage will pass.

Kate x

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'd love to know what it was the GP prescribed so I can go and ask mine. I'm like clar01, I'm nearly 7 weeks out and finding it so hard to force food down at the moment. Everything smells off-putting, tastes weird etc. Except for ginger nuts oddly!

I felt the same as you guys did for a long time... maybe 4 months? But I'm sad to say that my hunger has come back and with it my enjoyment of food. I'd do anything to feel like you again. I know that's a sad thing to say but I prefer it when I don't want to eat. I really thought that I'd always feel that way so now I'm back to the struggle of making sure that I don't overeat again and that I stick with the right foods. Some days I feel like I could eat whatever I like and also normal size portions. It's just my own will power and determination that keeps me on the right track, I just hope to God that it lasts!
So basically, in time the not wanting to eat and the nausea will pass.

Back