• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nearly 4 weeks post op and full of a head cold

ryanrara

RyanRARA
4 in the morning and I am sitting up in bed watching Grease. Haven't slept all night, one hour if I am lucky. Full of a head cold and it's really poo! Been retching a bit as well. Nothing coming out though. To be honest reckon the retching is due to the snot dripping down my throat as did manage my food and soups today. Just really feel yuck! Got my check up at my docs tomorrow, and hopefully he will confirm the retching is just that. With that and the constant sneezing, the top of my scar is sore and uncomfortable, been pulling a bit. Oh well, here is hoping I get some sleep.

Hope you're feeling better soon. I think that when you are a bit run down which we all are following this major surgery we pick up anything and everything.

When I came out of hospital I had terrible thrush, then I had a cold sore the size of a house, then the sneezes and head cold, and to top it all off a kidney infection and passing blood in my wee wee. Following on from my lunch yesterday I felt like I was going to be sick, but nothing came up - wast sure if it was what I had ate, but don't think that it was dumping either. It could be just something that is going around but best to mention it to your GP.

Thankfully, I think I am ok now touch wood (tapping head) :D

Hope the doc gives you the thumbs up. ;)

ryanrara said:
4 in the morning and I am sitting up in bed watching Grease. Haven't slept all night, one hour if I am lucky. Full of a head cold and it's really poo! Been retching a bit as well. Nothing coming out though. To be honest reckon the retching is due to the snot dripping down my throat as did manage my food and soups today. Just really feel yuck! Got my check up at my docs tomorrow, and hopefully he will confirm the retching is just that. With that and the constant sneezing, the top of my scar is sore and uncomfortable, been pulling a bit. Oh well, here is hoping I get some sleep.

Hope you feel better soon :) xx

Thats really pants. Hope you're feeling better soon. I've got my op in 12 days and it feels like everyone I come into contact with has a stinking cold and I'm desperate not to catch one in time for my op.

Take care.
Love Kate x

Hope u get better soon Hun, glad u r seeing a dr as it's always best to get checked out x

Thats really pants. Hope you're feeling better soon. I've got my op in 12 days and it feels like everyone I come into contact with has a stinking cold and I'm desperate not to catch one in time for my op.

Take care.
Love Kate x

Keep up your vitamin C and take your multi vits if not already. Do anything possible within your powers not to catch a cold. Hybernate if you have to!! :D

MAN FLU :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Don't worry about Ryan everyone his mom is the best. She will be sitting by his bed mopping his fevered brow LOL
Jean you are the best!!!!:winner:

Now I've got a sniffle can I come and stop :D

SNAP ! Im 4 weeks post op today and yesterday started with a bit of a sore throat, but up all night coughing and nose like a tap, full blown cold today,really bunged up. Hope your feeling much better soon.

aww hope you feel better soon ryanrara and i bet your mum is running around after you ha.

Last edited:
Hiya. Just been to doc. He has given me anti biotic and medicine to settle the retching. (retching got really bad in night and has even now hurt my tunny) Had a terrible night. Slept an hour. Hopefully meds will kick in ASAP.been rough, but positive.

Ps: my mum is the best! Lok

Deffo on the mend

Back