• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks post op and constant vomiting again :-(

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Vomiting again! :-(. Bad day again folks. Yesterday everything calmed down but today bad again. Had tuna mayo for brekkie, stayed down. Had a cracker 3 hours later, stayed down. About 4 hours later had some mash pot and some mash broccoli (4 tea spoon total). 10 mins later vomited it up. Since then cant hold anything down, not even water. Gave it a while and tried custard, came up. Tried a cracker, came up. And now retching every 20 minutes. Really worried as only had 500ml fluid for the day. And as said trying to sip some water but as soon as soon as I sip it, it comes straight back. Going to see how I am during day tomorrow, will have to head to manor in case doesn't calm down. As cant risk dehydration. Really wish this would settle now. Fearing that pouch made to be stretched (however last time I was like this 2 weeks a go and went to manor my scan showed up ok and my bloods too) so fingers crossed no stretch needed. Want to join a gym tomorrow and need this to settle. Will go on fluids only tomorrow and Tuesday in hope it's stays down. Despite this though am feeling well and positive. Would be nice just to have a day vomit free and always panic when even water won't stay down.
Any one else had this problem?
Also any one had to have a stretch? Was it for similar issues?

Sorry cant help you but wanted to post to say hope your okay, must be horrid for you, can you ring your team to ask, i was given a number to phone if any probs, im 3 weeks and touch wood nothing come back up but have had it the other way last night, think it takes time for your tum to get used to eating food again, or maybe you have caught a bug, but would phone to make sure as you need water hun - let us know how you get on xxxx

hi ryan,we are about the same time out,,,,sorry your having probs , ive had a few but luckily not sickness,,,,but i would if i was eating the foods your eating ,,maybe they dont agree with you either ,i stick to ready brek with skimmed milk in the mornings ,,seems to settle my tummy ,,and soup and mash for lunch,,,,then chick/or fish,veg for dinner,,,,,i add protien powder to my cereal,and a shake to add protien,,,,,,,and the odd light cheese triangle for a snack,,,,,,,not saying its right for you love but maybe try a different diet see if it calms down? ,,,,,hope you feel better soon , xxxxxxxx

Ryan,

There is not doubt about it you should not be vomiting after every meal especially not fluids.

I have read loads of posts about vomiting and 50% of the time it would seem those people that vomit after meals frequently go on to need a stretch.

Please consult with your team and do not let them fob you off. I don't need to tell you about the dangers of dehydration I know you know all about it.

I am sure I read an article by a surgeon that said most people who go on to need a stretch really suffer between 6-10 weeks as the stomach is healing and the opening narrows so you would fit into that time frame.

Let us know how you get on.

Wendy x

Hope you feel better soon, Ryan honey ... don't be worried about seeking help if you need it ... xxx :wave_cry:

Thanks all! Spoke to the dietician at ky surgical team as still vomiting. Cant even hold down water, she wants me to give it 24 hours. Says it could just be my pouch swollen and closed up a bit due to being too adventurous with food. Though explained to her what I've been eating and that not much at all. She will call me tomorrow afternoon, if not settled by then will have to go in and be put on a drip, to avoid dehydration.

Hope you be okay x

oh hope you're ok ryan, good luck :) xxx

Hi Ryan

I had to have two stretches, my consultant had only left me 1cm to get food through. (not his fault, he was trying to give me good restriction )
The first stretch was done under sedation and whilst not pleasant it was over very quickly . Unfortunately it did not work so I had to have another one but this time I was under general. It was perfect and I have not looked back. I too like you, was not even able to keep liquids down and I also found once I had been sick in the day, it would not stop, everything I was having would come back up . Please don't worry about a stretch, there are a few of us on here that have had to have it done, but please do not leave it any longer and make sure they give you a stretch quite quickly. You will feel so much better afterwards.

Take care and keep us posted xxx

stefanie said:
Hi Ryan

I had to have two stretches, my consultant had only left me 1cm to get food through. (not his fault, he was trying to give me good restriction )
The first stretch was done under sedation and whilst not pleasant it was over very quickly . Unfortunately it did not work so I had to have another one but this time I was under general. It was perfect and I have not looked back. I too like you, was not even able to keep liquids down and I also found once I had been sick in the day, it would not stop, everything I was having would come back up . Please don't worry about a stretch, there are a few of us on here that have had to have it done, but please do not leave it any longer and make sure they give you a stretch quite quickly. You will feel so much better afterwards.

Take care and keep us posted xxx

Thanks Stefanie. Reckon stretch might be the way. If it is hoping under sedation xxxx glad u got there in the end

Sending you my best wishes and hopes that you manage to get your eating sorted out quickly. Thank goodness I have managed to get past the stage of possible narrowing due to scarring as I was dreading it possibly happening to me. I am SO sorry to hear about your problems sweetheart. Will be thinking about you and wishing you well :)

Back