• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need advice-Booked in for NHS TT next week and have put on weight!

princess_cj

arghhhh, I'm due to have a much awaited extended(back as well as front) tummy tuck on the nhs next wednesday but I've stupidly put on about a stone since my consultations, I was 11 stone at my initial consultation back in June and the same at my second one back in late January when the funding had been approved, I had my pre-op about 4 weeks ago and weighed in at just under 12 stone and will be around the same next week!

This brings my bmi up into the overweight category instead of normal.

I really need some advice, does anybody know whether they will cancel it due to my bmi going up?

I'm really scared, and feel a complete idiot for letting my weight creep up without putting a stop to it :(

xxxx

I think if they were going to cancel because of your gain, then they would have mentioned something at your pre-op consultation.

The more important question is, why do you think you gained that stone? If you know the reason then you should be able to avoid any further gain, which after a tummy tuck, wouldn't be the best.

Congratulations on your MASSIVE weight loss by the way.... That really is an amazing achievement.

xx

Once you have had your pre op they don't weigh you again unless they have to cancel and make it for more than eight weeks since your pre op, if that makes sense, you will be fine, I put on a bit weight before my body lift and bmi was 26.6 but was told as long as it hadn't gone over 28 I was ok.

Im slightly over on my BMI, but i am very muscular because i weight train daily so a portion of this weight is muscle.

The Surgeon said this doesnt matter because the excess skin removal on my gut will bring me down to below 25 so i think they factor that in as well.

Hope you got it sorted chick and your op went well. Nice ink by the way! I have two sleeves and waiting to get started on my left leg. The back and other leg are to come! So addictive! :) x

Tell me about it! I started at the age of 15 (tut, tut) had a break for about 7 years and in the past 2 years have gone mad for them again!

Back