• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need advice please

Amrac1

Hi all
havnt been on here for a long time. Not sure if anyone will remember me. I have a gastric bypass 3 1/2 years ago. All went well and I lost 176 pounds. All was well until approx 6 months ago when I started to regain some weight. I have now put on approx 46 pounds in that time!! Really not happy about it all. I have reviewed my eating habits. I still dump with sugar. So dont eat sweets, cakes biscuits. But can eat belvita breakfast biscuits and go ahead yogurt bars. Breakfast is cereal. Lunch pitta bread with cottage cheese and tea is salad. I cant eat red meat so live on chicken and fish. My portion size, although bigger than it was is still less than my 6 year old eats. I use a tea plate.
Exercise is slightly difficult at moment as I have torn cartlidge in my knee. However I have 4 children so am on the move alot.
I dont feel I have a great restriction - although vomitted yesterday as I had a mouthful of raw carrot!
Any ideas? Really desperate to relose this weight.:sigh::sigh:

Hi bigd I'm even newer than you @ 4 days post op. Whats the 5 day pouch test?

Hi i noiticed u at yr op done at north tess like me dr rao done mine ..... I'm not very good at explains things its a test to do when u r far out to make sure everything's working u best googling it yourself lol x

Hi all
havnt been on here for a long time. Not sure if anyone will remember me. I have a gastric bypass 3 1/2 years ago. All went well and I lost 176 pounds. All was well until approx 6 months ago when I started to regain some weight. I have now put on approx 46 pounds in that time!! Really not happy about it all. I have reviewed my eating habits. I still dump with sugar. So dont eat sweets, cakes biscuits. But can eat belvita breakfast biscuits and go ahead yogurt bars. Breakfast is cereal. Lunch pitta bread with cottage cheese and tea is salad. I cant eat red meat so live on chicken and fish. My portion size, although bigger than it was is still less than my 6 year old eats. I use a tea plate.
Exercise is slightly difficult at moment as I have torn cartlidge in my knee. However I have 4 children so am on the move alot.
I dont feel I have a great restriction - although vomitted yesterday as I had a mouthful of raw carrot!
Any ideas? Really desperate to relose this weight.:sigh::sigh:

Hi,
Well I had my gastric bypass 3 years ago,and couple of months back I regained.
Your diet seems quite healthy to me,so wondering why the regain?

hi bigd
yep i had mine done by mr rao too - lovely man. hows it going? I just got home a couple of days ago.

thanks for the info - i will google it x

Hi, I'm now over 4 years post op but band. To get an idea of why you are gaining you need to be 100% honest and write down everything you eat.

Eating what you have said there's nothing obvious that would explain the gain. Could it be the change in your exercise routine?

Back