• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need some recipe ideas

tray

well im week 3 post op and can have soft and sloppy food , but i really need some food ideas i have tried eggs, and beans, and shepards pie, and also mash fish and peas, i have had cheese melt crackers with low fat cheese spread . any other ideas would be greatfully received.......lol

OOOOH Tray
sounds like heaven!! I have only been told this week that i can have mashed potato! so thats soups, yoghurts, weetabix and mash! your diet sounds delish!!
hope things are going well for you hun
xxx

well im just trying different things if it is wrong for me then i dump but i make sure i chew everything really really well so there are no big lumps in it when i swallow it down

Hiya Tray, what are cheese melt crackers? Can't wait to have a biscuit of some sort with low fat laughing cow on it xxx

oooh i sucked a laughing cow lite last night (not in a rude way if you read this Steph!) and it was lovely, i have nicked a bit of the kids choc and havent dumped, but i am still scared to death of the thought of it.
What foods have you dumped with Tray?
xxx

i have dumped on blended chicken, jacket potato with tuna and cheese, and also i cant drink coffee any more, i can eat chocolate without dumping and also ice cream with s/f jelly, i have also tried snack a jacks but only a couple at a time and chew them untill they are totally soft .
the crackers are carr's melts i have the cheese flavour and i chew them really well. they are only 21 cal per biscuit and 0.6g of saturated fat, i have also had which i know is naughty but i needed something sweet. that was a rich tea biscuit and i dunked it in my tea .. so it was soggy ...lol

Thanks for that Tray, I tried some scrambled egg yesterday, but could only eat two teaspoons of it, had to give up lol. I am scared to try ice cream in case I dump, or chocolate. I have sucked a chip and chewed it really well from my granddaughter's happy meal last night, and really would have liked to chew on one of her chicken nuggets, but didn't :))))) xx

i have dumped on blended chicken, jacket potato with tuna and cheese, and also i cant drink coffee any more, i can eat chocolate without dumping and also ice cream with s/f jelly, i have also tried snack a jacks but only a couple at a time and chew them untill they are totally soft .
the crackers are carr's melts i have the cheese flavour and i chew them really well. they are only 21 cal per biscuit and 0.6g of saturated fat, i have also had which i know is naughty but i needed something sweet. that was a rich tea biscuit and i dunked it in my tea .. so it was soggy ...lol

Tray I thought it was sweet stuff or fatty stuff that caused dumping? Do you know why (sorry, this is probably a really stupid question!) :sign0007:

but why would you dump on chicken? It's a non-fatty meat isn't it?

sorry, I'm just confuzzled. Every time I think I know what to expect something new comes up! :confused:

anyhow, sorry for hijacking your thread........

and WOW, 3 weeks post-op already! Isn't time flying?! :)

Technically you only dump on sugar, as it is to do with the bodies reaction to the sugars in the intestines. Some people react to fat, but it is a bowel reaction rather than a dumping reaction.

There is a reaction some people have to meals, where they feel sleepy an hour or so afterwards, like you would do christmas afternoon after a day of pigging out. Its more of a blood sugar thing though rather than dumping.

after i ate the chicken within about 20 mins i the colour drained from me and i started sweating so bad that it was dripping of me, i then started to feel so sick, but couldnt bring anything up, it was that bad i had to go to bed to lie down for a while i also felt really shaky as well . i have no idea why thius happens when i eat chicken but a few people have told me they have problems with chicken aswell, i guess if i was to eat a proper size choc bar i might dump but i have only had a nibble now and then , custard doesnt agree with me either but creamed rice pudding is ok and so is ice cream, i also have no i dead why i cant drink coffee anymore but the taste makes me feel sick.

Thanks Tray. That sounds completely ghastly.

I'm planning to make some chicken soup for post-op! I'll just have to hope that doesn't happen to me, or the dog will get a big treat! :D

isnt it weird how your tastes change after surgery, i havent gone off anything as of yet, i really miss bread, but am determind to avoid as much as possible, its done me no favours over the years!

i miss diet pepsi too :rolleyes:

hi you lot,i dont seemed to have gone off much at the mo n i hope i stay that way too.i had some complan once never again tho i thought i was going to die,i drank cos its supose to do us good lol it was so sweet n sickly that i dumped n please god it never happens again cos its just as tray say's it was yukkkkkkkk ;o(

it sounds like u had a mild dump hun .... i just tried shepards pie with real mince and couldnt get it down so now im trying scrambled egg and spaghetti hoops wel lets see if they go down .....lol

Back