• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dawn08

Hi newly joined and I'm in the Wakefield area and just referred today to a consultant at Dewsbury hospital and wondered if there is anyone from my area been through the weight loss system

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hello dawn im from London so I am just saying hello!

Not from your area but wanted to say hello x

not from your area but hi and good luck

Hello Dawn! my GP referred me beginning of Oct and I have an appointment on 28 nov at pontefract hospital weight management with a consultant. I expected to get an appointment with a surgeon at Dewsbury but I'm told you have to have a 3 month diet and exercise first! What did they tell you and have you had those classes? Keep me posted, I also posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone was having op at Wakefield :)

Last edited:
Hi Leda ,

I'm waiting for my appointment with the consultant which I'm assuming it's Dewsbury and they told me appointment 6 to 8 weeks then 12 weeks of weight management x

That sounds about same stage I'm on then. Think my first apt is 8 weeks after GP referral. Hope my 12 weeks weight management course goes quick! When I rang up they said new course starts in jan. Can't do it any earlier as the current course has already started. Will let you know what consultant says on 28th regarding how long it will take after the 12 week programme is up. Good luck! :)

Tried to private message you to tell you what was said but wouldn't allow x

Yeah, just found out you need to have posted 50 for it to work. I'm about half way there that's all. Hopefully in a few days I will then I'll try again x

Back