• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Memeber looking for help

BigDave99

a second chance at life
Hi everybody, new to this forum but not new to trying to loose weight. I managed to drop 10 stone on a vlcd 4 years ago however since then have put it all back on.

To cut a very long sad story short I have today (after 3 years a writing letter and phone calls) been approved for Bariatric Surgery.

The PCT have asked me to pick from Salford Royal & SPIRE Manchester for my consultation, does anybody have any experience with these two hospitals.

Thanks in advance.
Big Dave

Hi Dave and welcome

I've no idea about the hospitals in question but wish you luck on your surgery journey

Welcome aboard, I'm down in Dorset so no use to you as far as which hospital bu t I am sure many on here have been to both those centres and will be along shortly to help you out. Good luck on yout journey whichever centre you decide on.

I was with Salford Royal and found them to be professional and caring in everything they did mate, i was then operated on by Mr Ammori who is in my opinion the best has you can see from my results, good luck whatever you decide you wont regret it.

Hi Dave and welcome xxx

Hi Dave I am with the Salford Royal and they have been fantastic wit me. Mr Ammori will be operating on me and he is lovely, as are everyone I have met there so far.

H Dave,
I had my surgery done by Professor Ammori at the Spire in Manchester.
I was done privately as you can see and as a private patient you are not encouraged to stay in hospital very long. I think when you are NHS you do stay in a day or two longer. The care I received there was brilliant, both from Mr Ammori's staff and the general nursing and kitchen staff (you will be glad of your first cuppa) even if you can only sip at it). I wasn't too impressed with the room, feeling it was a little bruised and used lol, but I dont know what type of room you would be in if you were in Salford Royal or even if you would have a room to yourself.
You say in your original post here that your consultation will be at either Salford Royal or SPIRE, do you mean your surgery as well or have I misunderstood?
Good luck with your surgery.
Lynne x

Hello and best of luck on your journey :) x

Thanks to everybody for the quick reply and welcome to the forum,
And thanks for the recomendations of both Spire and Salford Roayl, from the posts above it looks like Mr Ammori does surgey at both locations.

Anyway have been doing my research for the last couple of days have decided on the SPIRE Manchster, the main thing that push me there was ther IFSO centre of excellence acreditation.

Just waiting for my first meeting with the hospital, it has taken 3 years to get PCT funding approval for this so i am very happy.

Good luck eveybody, i wil be sticking around for a while.

Dave

Hi and Welcome, Good Luck with your wls journey x

Hiya

I am going to the Salford Royal under Dr Ammori, what I have heard on here he is very good, nhs is Salford Royal, I would go for Spire as heard that very good, hope i get to go there as some patients do as they take some nhs, but to be honest if your under Mr Ammori's team i dont think it matters. All the best x

Thanks again everyone, doing a lot of reading on the forum, you are all a massive inspiration for me to finally get my life back under control

Thanks
Dave

Back