• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new: scared, ashamed, desperate, but smiling.

Urm, hello.

I've been reading this forum for a while, and thought I should say hello.

I'm at the very beginning of the process - having admitted to myself there's a problem and I need some help. :cry:

Had some blood tests today, and handed in my sleep clinic forms. Honestly - if 'im indoors hates sleeping in the same bed as my snoring, perhaps he should sleep downstairs! :rolleyes:

EB

Hi and welcome, nice choice of name - reminds me of a time way back in the 80's lol x

Hiya and welcome. Don't feel ashamed now you are taking the first steps to do something about your problem. That is a great thing. Some good news about the snoring is most people's improves, if not disappears after surgery when the weight comes off. It was a bit like a miracle cure for me. I just stopped about 1 week post surgery. Good luck with your journey. Let us know how you get on :) x

Hi and welcome good luck on your journey

Hi - sorry had a busy few days! Thanks for the welcomes - I have no idea what surgery, I'm thinking the gastric bypass, but will do more research and speak to the pro's.

Beginning of a life long journey, I hope.

hi,wishing you luck on your journey.i am having a gastric bypass.i am a snorer too,but hopefully that will stop after surgery and i lose the weight.fingers crossed.

I pretty much stopped snoring as soon as I had my op hubby starts chatting to me if he wakes in the middle of the night as he thinks I must be awake too as not snoring!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi and welcome! I'm having the bypass next week. Very excited. This forum is fab. Good luck in your journey. X

Welcome!
Lots of luck on your WLS journey.
Em xxxx

Well, my sleep test came back as no apnea. Actually I'm sort of pleased.

I do have high blood pressure though.

Just got to see what the next step is.

EB

Hi and welcome. Good luck on your journey xxx

Hi and good luck with your journey, my only regret is not having a bypass years ago, life would have been much easier. xx my snoring stopped. i did have sleep apnoea, but after losing 4-5 stone my machine went bak didnt need it anymore, don't snore now. xx i used to sleep downstairs got sick of all the digs and twisting on. xx

Well, I'm still here - more of a lurker really, but still no surgery. I feel really let down by the whole service - I've never missed an appointment, seen a counsellor, gone to 'group' and nothing. 4 years on, and nothing. No wonder some people give up, I honestly feel like my healthcare providers think this is a joke.

Hi and welcome back !
4 years ! How come ? Have they said why it's been so long ? Your being so patient that's for sure , I think I'd be spitting nails by now ..
Xxxx

Wow I'm not surprised you're fed up. Would your GP be prepared to advocate for you and find out what is happening?

Never give up 10 years of hoops ect for me but November last year my life changed and I was given the chance to start my new life as a bypasser. Never give those dreams up!

Back