• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to WLS

Juliet5792

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this but had a gastric band fitted on 9th May. I thought i'd share my story so far and hopefully hear from people who have similar experiences and maybe get some advice. I've just had my 2nd fill on Saturday (48hrs ago) and food seems to be passing straight thro my band and is quite painfuland my stomach is making really strange gurgling sounds. This is unlike yesterday when food was sitting on top of it (i think) and happily going through slowly.
Has anyone had this happen to them, does anyone know if this will pass???

Any advice gratefully recieved.
Thanks xx

Hi Juliet

Can't help you as I'm pre-op but wanted to say Hi & welcome. xx

Hi and welcome
I had a sleeve so dont know much about bands but I am sure someone will be able to help. If not ring your team and ask them
Good Luck
Bryan

No idea just wanted to tell you hello and welcome. We have lots of experienced banders on here and am sure one will be along real soon to offer advice xx

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, not had my op yet but even then I'm having a bypass, but wanted to say that dispite that, what you describe sounds familiar with the band-threads I have read. The best person to talk to would be j.u.s.t.l.i.z. as she's the resident expert on bands! Look her up, she's really very friendly & I am sure would put your mind at ease xxx

Hi and welcome X

Back