• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - first band fiill tommorow

I'm slightly different as my band has never taken away my hunger, at 16 months post op I'm now at 11.6mls in a 14ml band, but no fill (and I've had 12) has taken away that hunger for me, even when they then overfilled and I had a defill. So I wouldn't use hunger as a gauge for me personally needing a fill.

If I found that I was gaining wait and not maintaining by following the guidelines and if I found that my hunger levels had increased, and I didn't have any issues eating any food then yes I would consider a fill. I would consider it also, if I were approaching the end of my 2 year post op aftercare to have a small top up before it run out, which for me will be in August this year.

D'oh, yes I meant THG. Just had my "dietician" appointment, got another appointment with the nurse on the 25th for (potentially) a second fill. Feels like things are moving very fast now, which is nice. I can certainly tell the difference since my first fill today - couldn't manage a whole slice of toast (though think I need to remember the 20/20/20 rule better, I got a bit slack with eating slowly before the fill).

Who is HPG? is it THG misstyped?
I used to go to the London clinic. Helena, the nurse was fine but only had a dietitian appointment once in 13 months (my last fill was a year ago).

D'oh, yes I meant THG. Just had my "dietician" appointment, got another appointment with the nurse on the 25th for (potentially) a second fill. Feels like things are moving very fast now, which is nice. I can certainly tell the difference since my first fill today - couldn't manage a whole slice of toast (though think I need to remember the 20/20/20 rule better, I got a bit slack with eating slowly before the fill).

Didn't you have to go back to liquids and mush for a period of time post fill?

fbscpa glad it went well with your fill and you are now feeling more restrition. bread in any form is completely off the menu for me now, as your band gets tighter you really have to adjust your eating more. The 20 20 20 rule I ended up using a timer on my phone and stuck to it to the second and this has taught me good habits

I think it might be a morning thing as I managed a flatbread sandwhich thing from subway for lunch.

I love my breakfast and usually eat as soon as I wake, but as it seems I might have to delay it an hour or so so that I'm not feeling quite so much restriction in the mornings - had pain yesterday and discomfort today after breakfast. Fine for the rest of the day though!

Back