• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Northern Ireland!

florabell

Hello everyone

I have came over from Minis where I spent yrs not getting too far with the dieting.

I will be 30 next yr and have came to the decision that surgery is my only hope.

Right now I'm thinking band or sleeve. There doesn't seem to be any NHS funding for it at the moment so I will have to get a loan :(

Is there anyone else here from N.I who would like to take this newbie under their wing? :D

I'm also a bit confused re: whether you can actually get the surgery here in N.I. Some places say Ballykelly?? I need to start ringing places but scared of the hard sell!

Look forward to meeting some like minded peeps...

Hello.. I too was on minis.. But came over to the lighter side lol... I lived in Belfast for 2 years. Loved it.. Everyone is soo friendly,.. I went abroad for my op.. Used a company called cosmetic bliss.. 2 weeks post op and lost 23lbs. Just getting used to it now but it will be a long process. Good luck with your search xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi hunni welcome to group xx

Hi Florabell, welcome to WLS & a journey that will change your life forever!....I'm still pre-op but just waiting for a date x

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Just for the info of any other N.I people wanting to go private, I have found a surgeon called Mr Kennedy who operates out of the Ulster Independent Clinic.

I've requested an initial assessment so hopefully they will get back to me soon...

Wellcome and thats good news you have found some one you can meet with and find out what is involved good look with that. xx

Welcome & good luck. Great bunch on here , loads of help & advice - just ask.

(((((Vee))))

Lovely to see a familiar face here! I've been planning to email you as I am seriously considering the band now, nothing is working!

How are you doing lovely, you don't post on Minis much, but I guess you're off being slim and fabulous xxx (and just right!)

Back